The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Taste Conditions Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1919 Posts

Profile of Platt
I asked:
How is this for everyday casual performance?

Quote:
On 2007-03-02 00:29, Jeff Richards wrote:
Perfect.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. I asked a simple question, I got a simple answer. The truth is, it's not perfect for everyday casual performance. In fact it's not practical period. It's a great effect in theory. And I applaud the creator on his great thinking. It's just flawed. I asked for success stories and I've heard only one or two. I'd love to hear more. But I don't see them coming.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
I keep being quoted. This is a great effect, just not something feasible for me.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Platt...

IMHO it is practical for the casual everyday performer...
xxx
guaranteed_fresh
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Canada
20 Posts

Profile of guaranteed_fresh
Does anyone else have problems performing this for people of a little bit higher intelligence? I don't want to bash the potential of this effect, but the "method" seems quite obvious for people who are well educated (and sober). It has worked quite well on some of the younger people I've tried it on but I find myself becoming very careful in choosing which spectator to use. I'd like to think that it is MY performance that is causing the issue but it seems like if you try Taste Conditions out on a skeptic or 'thinker', no matter how good your performance is, you're taking a chance.

I hope this message is not too cryptic but I don't want to give away the method. If anyone has some performance tips, for potential skeptics, they would be appreciated.
eddwithers
View Profile
New user
London
64 Posts

Profile of eddwithers
Quote:
On 2007-03-14 10:10, jimbowmanjr wrote:
Edd,

See what happens when everything goes from books to dvd? Reading comprehension goes down the tubes.....

Yep. Or should that be the youtube, just to be even more cynical, Smile.

Honestly guys- great effect. Plays as it reads, and the ad copy is honest.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1919 Posts

Profile of Platt
Wow, not one more experience of this working?
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1919 Posts

Profile of Platt
?????

What happened to the discussion here? I assume it's that people bought it. Again, has anybody really used this? I don't mean negative but I'm pretty sure this doesn't really work.
PAN
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of PAN
Platt,
I purchased it, and received it promptly with great service. The book is very thorough, well written, and clear. I tried it on myself as some have, but wan't impressed like some of the posters have been when they tried it themselves. I've not tried performing it yet, so have no imput there.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
The problem is that this routine is that it doesn't do what it claims.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1919 Posts

Profile of Platt
I do own this and have to agree. It's a neat principle but has very little to no chance of working in real world settings. I do not believe anyone is doing this consistantly with success. No way. So I'm not surprised to see a complete lack of reports on this forum. Sorry, I applaud the creator on his thinking but, 20 some dollars or free, this is just not a worker. Again, has anybody used this with even a moderate degree of success?
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of fooksau
I got this and the first thought I had was it's only usable in stage situations where the spectator isn't going to have open communication afterward. The audience is going to be fooled from the spectators initial reaction. But I don't see how the spectator couldn't know what happened when they're in their seat after the effect is over. Anyone who regularly uses mouthwash I think would catch on. Doing this for any sort of group who can talk to each other afterwards would just be silly in my mind. Since I'm not a stage performer I won't be using this.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Is this only good on stage?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I was looking through ol' Bascom Jone's MAGICK when I came across an effect that uses the same principle... the principle does work - its the execution... you probably think I am maybe making false claims, but I have had success with Taste Conditions when I do all that prep work....

As for the Magick effect - get this - you get the spec to decide on one senese - touch, sight, smell, taste and hearing when you clap your hands... using the 6th sense, you will divine not only what sense he or she chose, but what he or she was thinking about in regards to that sense.... and it works! After reading TASTE CONDITIONS, using some of the psychological subt. suggested (especially the d*** b******* with the right context)- I got the thing working even better...

Don't PM me - the effect is the 6th sense in the last volume of the collected MAGICK works.

The principle works - it is how you use it... I actually stick with the 6th Sense with my adaptations thanks to MS versus the actual taste conditions because that can be done anywhere impromptu - including strolling.

Honest.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
Is this Taste Conditions??? It looked a bit "hinky" (especially the actual change of the liquid w/ the coaster) but the effect seemed to work
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
457 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Neat
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Lol..."is that your favorite beverage??"

"Yes!"

- So why the hell are you drinking water?

=P

M:C
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Yep,
Stooged again!!
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
KB
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of KB
Bought this item,but I realized that this trick will turn many stomachs in the audience. Spitting a mouth full of liquid out of your mouth into a glass in view of the audience is digusting. Just my opinion.

ps-Reminds me of spitting in the dentist sink.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Taste Conditions Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL