The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Threeple Treat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
You might want to check out harada hold for the showing hands empty part - Although I have no idea how much it could be incorporated to the routine, the idea would be worth checking out for non sleeving coin vanishing where you can show hands empty.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I don't know the harada hold. Perhaps I should check it. Thanks for that suggestion. Then again, it depends on how it is. My concernis more on the flow. Thanks!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Quote:
On 2007-03-01 00:26, rannie wrote:
I don't know the harada hold. Perhaps I should check it. Thanks for that suggestion. Then again, it depends on how it is. My concernis more on the flow. Thanks!

Boss, I think you saw this already. I asked you about it once.. maybe last year.

Nice vanishes! (specially the 2nd one) ..i'm sure you're cooking up someting with this. ;D
imagine the possibilities... endless...
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
THe second phase was unexpected. Nice one sir
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Version 2 is coming up soon. Thanks to all the inputs and insights. This is for you guys!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Looking forward to your improvments!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Very nicely done indeed! For me, though, there is a problem with the third coin: I'm expecting to see your left hand empty and I don't. A Ramsey subtlety maybe all it takes, I dunno (not being much of a coin-man), but at the moment they start reappearing before I'm convinced they have gone. Maybe it's just a pacing issue.

Just MHO: it all may fly by laymen better than the camera.

Thanks for sharing this!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Rather than abuse the display he left us... why not do the actual final vanish sequence he taught us via Farelli and also his student Galloway?

It's the one with the feint where you show both hands in the process.

;)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Very well done Rannie, I like the name too.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
[quote]On 2007-03-01 18:07, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Rather than abuse the display he left us... why not do the actual final vanish sequence he taught us via Farelli and also his student Galloway?

It's the one with the feint where you show both hands in the process.

;)
[/quote

If I could only see that vanish sequence, I would know if it fits. Perhaps try it yself. I am so open to using anything. I know I have something going here and I want to make it better. Thank you guys!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2007-03-01 17:26, ross welford wrote:
Very nicely done indeed! For me, though, there is a problem with the third coin: I'm expecting to see your left hand empty and I don't. A Ramsey subtlety maybe all it takes, I dunno (not being much of a coin-man), but at the moment they start reappearing before I'm convinced they have gone. Maybe it's just a pacing issue.

Just MHO: it all may fly by laymen better than the camera.

Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks for the insight Ross. The third coin is a problem indeed. The Ramsey was what I used actualy only I displayed it to balance the look of my right hand. More or less. It was a pacing and framing thing too. I used a video cam and I had to work with only a few seconds left of tape. The issue of pacing is very important indeed. There must be time for all the vanishes to register fully before the reproduction. My hands due to the framing, never went far enough from each other. The new video should be better. The problem is..... I can't stop!!! LOL! Well, sometimes I also wonder if I am over critical of my magic even if it has worked for me. It reminds me of an earlier 3 coin effect that I made. It was 3 fly style. It went through several changes over the years, but my daughters, as well as working coinmen that I have shared it with prefer the first handling. Which I thought was kinda lame. Well..... art is never finished! It is only abandoned.

All the best!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

This is not directed to you rannie but everyone in particular. why no one uses options such as pitches, sleeves, change over, whatever. now back to the author, iv noticed from this and other vids that you turn your palms to your self and you speed up as you ramsey. to me this gives the impression that your hiding somthing, and that's counter productive.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Joshua,

Some of the options missed were considered in the 2nd version. I wont say as I want it to be a surprise. Well, nothing fancy really. As for the Sleeves and The To*^t, Those who knows me long enough would know that those two items are my joys in life. However, I wanted to create a handling that would allow the magician to perform it with or without sleeves. that's all. Threeple Treat was never meant to fool, impress or whatnot. It is simply an excercise of ideas put in practice. I wanted to share these ideas and hope to end up with a routine that could be enjoyed and studied and developed further. Since it is work in progress, I am going to throw in all I can and take all I can. I want to thank all the guys who sent me their wonderful insights. Productive or otherwise.

2nd version...coming up in a few mins.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Here is Version 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OAbvOfWUHk

I'll keep working on it! The Saga Continues..........

What a broken heart can do to a magician.....

rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

It gets even more interesting! I liked everything until you vanished all 3 and reproduced. I like that its there but I think at that point there is to much heat for that particular set of moves. and the line of though has me wondering of you could ROPS vanish 3 at once. that would be cool hehe
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Ill add I think ROPS because I enjoy things that play on a spec suspensions.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Wow - I really liked the 3rd coin vanish. Just a little audible click when you do the transfer though. Nothing much of a biggie (heck it's not like I can come anything CLOSE to what you've performed here so who am I to say)

I had something else to say but it totally escaped my brain......
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Sorry bout the vanish of all 3 Joshua. I just finished version 3. I'll hit the sack then go for another one. without the 3 coin vanish. Its just for fun for the guys. Never for laymen.... well it depends on how I read them. Coming from a rough day...it did cheer me up.

ROPS...? I did do it that way but never on video. I love it in the hands of Doc Rubinstein, but not so much in my hands. 3 at the same time would be noisy even with soft coins.

mc_magi,

Yup the audio was there. Soft coins could do the trick. I opted to use my U.S. Peso coin that I love. Well, the idea of the move is what I would like to hear about. I wanted to shift the pace a bit as well as the point of vanish. It was a subtle handwash as well. By the 3rd coin, some (first timers seeing the effect) would begin to suspect that I was concealing the previous 2 coins in the right.

Well.... I'll go hit the sack now...

Later guys!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Here it is..... 3rd version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQPiRmQ3-g

Good Morning from Manila!

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Ammar coin clip them and topit those suckers! AHA! =D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Threeple Treat (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL