The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vern the Bird lesson one -- Don't let the dog see him. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
When Vern popped out of his box, one of my three dogs went totally nuts!
Prior to this, the only thing I had to worry about was getting Rocky Raccoon consumed by any one of the three dogs of the house (he smells like rabbit).

I don't think I'll be able to be in the same room with Vern and Igloo (the oldest dog, he's almost 15). So much for a new avatar with us all together lol!

Anyone else have a pup vs puppet story?

Best,
Jim
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Rocky(I call mine Bob) is the only puppet my pets have seemed interested in.

Well except for my puppet which is basically a mouse/cat toy. I think it may have cat nip in it. In the past I have used a smaller version, but a few months ago I found one that looks more like a rat..and is more visible for larger groups.

It moves similar to "Rocky", except it has no spring inside.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
If you have Jeff Dunham's "Arguing with Myself" DVD, there is a clip in there showing the family dog doing something wholly unmentionable with the peanut doll! Every time I watch it, I laugh hysterically! Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I don't have it yet, but I can imagine.
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I recently noticed that vent works with our puppy. When my figure talks, the dog looks at him.

Bob
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Jim,

I am glad the dog didn't do any damage to poor Vern!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Me too!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Jim, I know you will love Vern. This brings back memories of when Vern arrived at my house for Christmas a few years back. I had a great time with him.....even while he was still wrapped in the box and sitting under the tree. I pulled a prank on my wife and daughter, and although Vern was supposed to be a surprise gift for me, they got the biggest surprise of all!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I really do like him, but he sheds! Oh well, so do my dogs.

Prank details?

Jim
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Jim, most of the shedding should stop.

The prank was done with walkie-talkies......one inside the box and one held by me. Let's just say my wife and daughter were a little surprised to hear poor Vern begging and pleading to get out of the box! (Thanks must go to Dennis Michael for giving me the idea.)

Regan
Mister Mystery
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Ah, but did they let you open him early? Smile
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Oh no, I did not get to open him early. In fact, he didn't arrive until just a day or two before Christmas. I just knew which box he was in and I hid the walkie-talkie right beside it, and I buried it with the Christmas tree skirt so the sound would be muffled. Then, I waited until Christmas morning to pull the prank. We had a lot of fun with it. They were shocked at first, but then they figured out that I was up to something. My wife thought she had bought me a puppet that worked itself!

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vern the Bird lesson one -- Don't let the dog see him. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL