The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Visual Explosions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
xmkazz
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xmkazz
It was not bad, but not spectacular. The card routine would be suspicious to a spectator. Too much cutting the deck, and too easy to substitute different cards.

Kaz
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Kaz, I've seen my pal Brian do this quite a few times live ... you'd be surprised.... It's great stuff.

ALEXANDRE
Howard Coberly
View Profile
Loyal user
Irvine, California
239 Posts

Profile of Howard Coberly
I liked the card stuff. My two cents worth: start using another method to get the breaks, like a pinky count. Personally, I'm not fond of the "thumb on the back of the deck method". I think it's a tell as to what's coming up. If he gets his breaks with one hand, I think it will make the changes that much more surprising and not at all suspicious.

Liked the pen and coin routine in the pizza shop...well done.

Enjoyed it! Thanks

Howard
"Our town used to be more fortunate...not a single winter passed without the visit of some star.
There used to be famous actors and singers, while today, God only knows! Nobody visits except magicians and organ-grinders. No esthetic satisfaction."
canadasphere
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of canadasphere
I second the break issue.

I suppose it'll be passable to a layman, but the only reason to not work the pinky count is because you're lazy.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
I wasn't a huge fan of some of the patter it just didn't make sense.
like for example( just trying to help man It is constructive critisism)

1. "it is kinda hard to imagine stuff when you can't see it
2. "we can't use friction on the 4 of clubs because it happens to be black"
3. " the second pip is a little more difficult, because I don't have to do much"
4. " I have three ropes here, 1 short, 1 medium, and 1 small"
5. "in the beginning of this routine I had two ropes,but if I cut it I have ...well two ropes, but if you remember in the beginning of this routine I had three ropes"
6.on the last card trick you said" you should know what you're gettin'" , like 5 times in 10 seconds.
7. You flashed twice in diminishing returns, amd also you really need to use an alternate method of getting double lifts, or at least angle them better, But besides all of that it was entertaining to watch and you used good tricks to present yourself with, overall it was an average performance.

Good job man
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Quote:
I suppose it'll be passable to a layman, but the only reason to not work the pinky count is because you're lazy.

Maybe being a little too critical here, but "passable to laymen" is the last thing you want to even THINK about thinking whenever you perform magic.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
All good points and they have been passed on to my friend Brian.

To be fair though, some of you have seen this on youtube a bunch of times when people only get to see it once when he performs. Believe me, it works, it looks good, and he gets the results he wants from performing these effects, with that said, why not make it better, so I understand the points.

As far as the patter, yes, it's important to a certain degree, but not crucial, because the magic he was performing on there is visual, and again, some of you have heard him do it countless times on video and have picked his performance apart. Blaine or Criss Angel (and you may not be fans) at times don't make any sense either. Pick those performances apart and you'll agree. Perhaps some of you think they all stink and should work better on their stuff, either way, whatever they are doing works.

I can tell you that regardless of what the magic community thinks of his work, Brian is quite popular and respected as a magician here in Miami (not a small town). People love to see the guy perform.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Hey Alexandre we all believe you dude, it was all constructive critisism man nothing that was meant to be rude, The patter lines just jumped out at me man, I didn't have to "pick It apart" as you stated, and no one has to "pick apart" that a new double lift might do the tricks better justice.with that said , once again good job and I enjoyed your videos, but patter is important to a degree

Ryan
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Wow, congrats on the 1000th post, lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Visual Explosions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL