The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Urgent Call for Help!!! Good man in trouble... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
lcoleman@maine.rr.com

The above is an address you can paypal a dollar to or 10 dollars or what ever.

Loren Coleman...Famed Bigfoot hunter and cryptozoologist and author is in DEEP trouble. I have helped in the past but in a very small way. It's getting serious...not medical, just 'pushing the shopping cart house under the overpass' serious. He has swallowed his pride and asked on his blog for help but there are very few who responded. If you Google properly you will find Loren heavily credentialed...he even has things on sideshoworld.com...the man is a talent and a good soul. He and his son need help. NOW. If you can picture your self in the same situation maybe you can spring with a couple of bucks or better. Let's talk a Mc Donalds feed would help. I don't know Loren that well but I don't have to to feel the pain of this situation. I do know it is real and dire. I don't know how he got in this situation and I couldn't care less because there is a chance to help another person here regardless. I do know he's a good guy and doesn't desrve this time in his life. If you can't donate then maybe you can buy one of his fantastic books...and they are fantastic. Just ask using the above eMail address. But remember if you order a book he has to pay for it.

Please do me this favor...if you do Donate thru the above PayPal make sure he knows where you come from...tell him Higley sent you...or Magic Café...I want him to know there are people with no connection to his life's work that are taking up the cause and they are the Magic Community.

If this wasn't serious, I wouldn't ask...believe me. It breaks my heart to see this sort of thing and here is one instance where we can make a difference.

Thanks Doug Higley
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
The man is a genius.
I have read some of his books (He reinforced my love for sea monsters), seen him on TV and heard interviews with him over the net and on Public Radio.
I sent what I could.
Gwyd
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Gwyd. There are many in trouble and we can usually do nothing to help directly...we'd all be broke and looney toons chasing them all down...but when one pops up and you have some kind of connection then it's hard for me to refuse help when asked for. I can always put myself in that awful positon with the smallest amount of imagination, it's scary. And you think...well, maybe they are that type of person that just doesn't have it together...but when it's a peer and the situation could be similar to us with only a few misteps then I do what I can...build that Karma ya know...there but for the grace etc go you or I.

I just donated to the Make A Wish bunch this week too for the kids to go to Disney World...it's a rough week when we don't have anything either!! haha. Oh well...rent be d.a.m.n.ed. Better than going to some bogus political campaign.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I'm in.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I've been there, it sucks. So I sent some hoping that I never have to be there again.

Especially with a last name like mine Smile
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
Doug, if it's coming from you, then I will heed your request and send a few dollars and I hope others will do the same.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thank you for that. We are not to well off either...but I did eat a good meal and he didn't. Usually I just help out under the radar when I hear such things but this time the need seemed beyond what I could do. Temporary for sure but maybe the guy can get a good agent or manager and turn things around and cut the downward slide...it was that edge I hoped would be at least enough to get him going and keep him and kid fed. (Yes, it is that basic a need.)

I only know him thru a few eMails but I've read his stuff and followed his search for wonder and mystery and I guess I felt a kinship of sorts...hoping that we who help each other so often can reach outside the tribe and give the guy a shot.

If anyone knows of a good agent or manager for a TOP quality Author, Lecturer and Speaker that would be of great help too. Actually of more help...

Kind of funny in a way. I got to know him recently when he was in the biz of exposing my stuff to the public...sort of an adversarial condition in a minor way...just doing his job as a researcher...but rather than let things like that get under my skin, I tend to react with the Golden Rule. Smile
It's sure served me well. (Thanks Confusious!)

Whoever helps is on a good path.

Thanks Doug.
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I have to admit that I am unfamiliar with Loren and his work, but if Doug says he's a decent guy, that's good enough for me. I've sent what I can.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Harlequin There seems to be other sites that have picked up the call as well.

Like I said I don't know him well enough to make claims but in his eMails he seems like a decent guy yes...and really, when somebody isn't eating who should be eating I usually don't ask why...and sending Cheeseburgers is rather impractical.
:)

Thanks all who helped...and those that didn't, help somebody else get a meal.

It's all good.
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
Gwyd and I just saw him on the travel channel tonight on a show called "weird travels" (a re-run I'm assuming)
Sending good engery his way as well. Keep us posted if you hear anything.
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
BoingBoing's got the word out, too. And they have a huge audience. Hope he gets enough help to stay afloat.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I've never met Loren, but he ended up with my Maine Mystery Beast banner. He is a real treasure. I'll send a little help and let him know where it came from.

Yours,

Paul
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Ooh, he wrote the book on Mothman! Scares me to this day!

I sent Loren a pocket full of "foldable love" told him you and The Magic Café sent me. You can hardly go wrong with sharing. Here is a link to his fantastic website and his books: http://www.lorencoleman.com/books.html

Might be a good time to pick up a copy!
Autumn
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Mr.Dennis
View Profile
New user
Louisville Kentucky
81 Posts

Profile of Mr.Dennis
Did what I could.
Thanks for letting us know

God... Please Bless This Man!

Dennis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Urgent Call for Help!!! Good man in trouble... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL