We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Alex Keal is no longer with us (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
540 Posts

Profile of martini
This morning at 10:20 1/13/2003, Alex Keal of Whiteford, Maryland, passed away. Alex was suffering from complications due to a stroke and several mini strokes over the past few days. I have known Alex for well over 30 years, and he was a good and dear friend who was always there to help out fellow magicians whenever and wherever he could.

Alex was 76 years old and had lived in the Whiteford area since 1988. He moved to Whiteford from Baltimore when his wife (Marie) passed away in late 1987.

Alex was active in Baltimore magic circles in the 60's & 70's and could often be found in the back room of the Yogi Magic Shop making gimmicked cards for owner Phil Thomas to sell in the store. Both Alex and Frank Thompson made probably more stripper and Svengali decks than anyone else in magic. I had learned a lot from Alex over the years, and often visited him at least once a week in the nursing home over the past two years sneaking him in Italian cold cuts and pepsi.

Alex made some of the best handmade gimicked cards in the business and would mail them out from his room each week to people all over the U.S. He also made a fantastic set of shells from real, large walnuts. I will really miss calling him, and stopping in to visit, he truly was a kind and wonderful man.

I want to thank all of you who kept Alex in your prayers the past couple of weeks and sent get well cards to him, he was very happy to know that so many cared.

Thank You for your time and patience to this posting.
Marty
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1991 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
The Magic Café is so sorry to hear of the death Alex Keal. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but I, and many others, am familiar with his work, I'm sure his friends and family are saddened by this loss.
Over the years he helped many within our fraternity as an amazingly talented and supportive man.
His disciplined and detailed work on cards may or may not be duplicated and I'm sure the memories of those who knew him will not.

Randy Stewart
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5271 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
We all suffer the loss of another treasure yet another true craftsman gone. I met Mr. Keal a few times in Baltimore back in the late 70’s and still have one of his Stripper decks. I grieve with you Mart
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Alex Keal is no longer with us (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL