We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » As A Beginner Is A Harakhan Good To Learn With (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danspada
View Profile
New user
Hartford, CT
10 Posts

Profile of danspada
I have read many people say that these are among the best canes in the business. I am only learning and have never used a cane before. So my question is should I learn with a plastic one, or just learn using the Harakhan? I would prefer to not spend another 20 something dollars on a plastic one if I can just learn using a Harakhan, but I don't want to lose any fingers either.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I would say just go with the Harakhan. You won't lose any fingers with this cane. Just be a little careful where you point it before releasing.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
And do not do it without a silk in it. If you open and close your hand quickly, you should be able to grab the cane in the middle. Otherwise you will be holding one end or the other. I assume you are talking about the appearing cane in this case.

If you do vanishing cane, grip the ferrule in an inside thumb palm and let it collapse into your hand. The vanishing cane is much stronger and faster than the Fantasio one.

The business of getting cut was greatly exagerated by people who simply did not know how to use the canes. Remember you can get cut on paper also.

Invest in the Harakhan. You should never need another one.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Investing in the Harakhan canes is a good decision. Besides the quality of the canes and the reliablity, you also get to save in the long run - buying and replacing cheap canes all the time.

Learn to use the canes well and you will not hurt yourself. Understand the working and mechanics of the cane first, play with it a couple of times to see how it works to your understanding and with more practise you will be confident with it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22506 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Always buy the best equipment you can afford. It will pay off in your performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » As A Beginner Is A Harakhan Good To Learn With (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL