The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Copper/Silver/Brass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Kokot
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of John Kokot
I would very much appreciate assistance in compiling a bibliography of published routines for the "Copper/Silver/Brass Transposition" (a.k.a., "The Silver and Two Copper Transposition"). Thus far, I have located the following:

Bannon, John. "The Mystery on the Aztec-Orient Express" from Bannon's Smoke and Mirrors.

Dingle, Derek. "Copper Silver Brass" from Kaufman's The Complete Works of Derek Dingle.

Eason, Doc. "Copper/Silver/Brass
Transposition" from Volume 3 of Doc Eason's Bar Magic video series.

Farmer, Bob. "Rate of Exchange" from the October 1980 issue of Apocalypse.

Haden, Conrad. "The Silver and Two Copper Transposition" from Bobo's The New Modern Coin Magic.

Kohler, Bob. "Sucker Copper, Silver, Brass" from Kohler's TaP.

Latta, Geoffrey. "CopSilBrass" from Kaufman's CoinMagic.

Mendoza, John. "Copper, Silver, Brass ... What a Gas" from Mendoza's The Book of John.

Murray, John. "Super Silver-Copper-Brass" from Inside John Murray.

Norman, Karl. "The Coin Collection" from Brahams' and Porstmann's Karl Norman 40 Years at the Forks.

Roman, Fernando. "C.S.B. on the Fly" from Kaufman's CoinMagic.

Roth, David. "Copper/Silver/Brass" from Volume 1 of Roth's Ultimate Coin Magic Collection DVDs.

Roth, David. "Two Coppers and One Silver Deep BackClip Routine" from Roth's Expert Coin Magic.

Rubinstein, Michael. "Two Silver and One Copper Routine" from Rubinstein's Intermediate and Advanced Coin Technique.

Tong, Danny. "Another Copper Silver Brass" from The Close-Up Magic of Danny Tong.

Wagner, J.C. "The Real Two Copper-One Silver" from Maxwell's The Commercial Magic of J.C. Wagner.

York, Scott. "A Transposition of Two Coppers with a Silver Coin." from York's Coins.

- - - - - - - - - -

Because this list is obviously incomplete, additional suggestions are as necessary as they are welcome. Nominations need not be restricted to those routines utilizing gaffed coins; ungimmicked approaches are equally desirable. If convenient, please identify the title, creator, and publication source.

My apologies for the length of this post, and my thanks in advance for your help.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
hose is the gaff anyway?
Connie Hayden, Eddie Gibson, Johnson products? The three are different and I don't recall the history. Clues anyone?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
As far as published routines go:

Roger Klause's routine appears as the opening sequence of "The Operator" in his "In Concert" book,

"Poor man's C/S/B" in Apocalypse

"Copper, Silver, Gold" by Lance MacCallion, at the Coinpurse website

Both of York's versions (one ungaffed and no extras) appeared in Genii Magazine years ago, and one of York's handlings is titled "a Headache for Roger"(?) in York's lecture notes.

and if you're counting videos:

You can't forget James Lewis' excellent routine on his "Million Dollar Mysteries" tape, I believe. It's the gold standard for versions that substitute the purse for the pocket.

One handling of the York routine appears on my "Palms of Steel" vol. 1, and my own routine will appear on "Palms of Steel 3" supposedly out before the end of this month.

D**n, was that another shameless plug that slipped by me?
Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
There is a very nice handling of Cody Fisher's C/S/B on his "Unforgettable Coin Magic" video.

Paul Green has a very nice handling using the 2 copper 1 silver gimmick in his DVD "In the Trenches"

Lets not forget Gary Kurtz' "Trio-N-Three" from his "Lets get Flurious" video.

Reed McClintocks C/S/B work in both "Knuckle Busters 2 & 3".

I am sure Neighbors has some to add!
Click to visit:
fwee
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of fwee
Just an FYI

The name of James Lewis' C/S/B routine on his "Million Dollar Mysteries" video (mentioned in Curtis Kam's post) is Foreign Exchange. An awesome routine.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
For those who care:
The Copper/Silver/Brass set was patented by
Pressley Guitar.

Smile
shanla
View Profile
Loyal user
Japan, Tokyo
285 Posts

Profile of shanla
Dan Garret's "American Ninja Spellbound" from "Close-Up Connivery" video is also one of many excellent effects using a Copper/Silver/Brass set, while it is not a transpotition.
Is it not a good example for your request?
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I had a matrix routine in Top Secret Stuff called "International Reverse Matrix" which uses the 2C1S set. I also recommend Kurtz' Trio in Three - excellent routine.

A bit of synchonicity - Open on my desk at the moment I read the topic is John Bannon's "Secret Weapons" manuscript. It's open to p. 13, an item called "Orient-Aztec Express." It uses the CSB gimmick - yipes.

you can ad two more to the list:

1. Powers' "International Matrix Reverse"
2. Bannon's "Orient-Aztec Express"

If you check Dave Neighbors' numerous manuscripts you will find many, many more excellent uses for this gimmick.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Someone with Close Up Connivery correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember American Ninja Spellbound a regular spellbound handling with a half and a chinese coin. No gaffs.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Gang,
In My Coinjuring book (1978) I had a 4 card reverse assembly, a 2 card assembly, and a 1 card assembly! Also a coins through the table (sit down handling), a coins across and a portable hole routine using it!

In my Sound Routines book (the book on the Rattle Gimmick 2000), I had a stand-up no table handling of the change routine where they all vanish at the end, and one where all three coins change to Chinese coins at the end!

In my Las Vegas notes (1997) there's a stand-up coins through the table, a coins across, and a routine where they appear, vanish, and change places in a purse frame!

I will have some more stuff in the hardbound and a few more things yet to come!

That's it. Thanks!

Best, David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
ixnay66,
You are right..Close Up Connivery is spellbound handling (a little different handling) with a half and a chinese coin.

don
shanla
View Profile
Loyal user
Japan, Tokyo
285 Posts

Profile of shanla
ixnay66,

Oh! Had I made a mistake?(I'm sorry.)
In fact, I saw Jim Lewis perform spellbound in his Million Dollar Mysteries video.
I had heard that it was Dan Garrett's routine from others.

Anyway, is spellbound by Jim original?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Shanla,
No it's Mike Gallo"s I don't think he has it in print yet! Maybe it will be in his Hardbound book when it comes out!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Copper/Silver/Brass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL