The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Brainwave For Dummies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Basic effect is you take out your bicycle deck, shuffle a little if you want, have a spectator either hold the deck behind their back or under a table so its out of sight. You either write a prediction and place aside or just already have your prediction set aside or have someone holding it etc.
Have spectator with deck behind back (or under table where they can't see it) pull out a card, and without looking at it put it face up on top of the deck. You have them cut the deck so the face up card is buried in the middle. Have them then hand you the deck which you spread face down on the table to show one face up card in the middle somewhere.
Your prediction you had written down matches the selection.
that's the first climax. You then turn the selected card face down to show it has a different colored back than the rest of the deck for your second (and even stronger) climax.
The thing I like about this is that you can also have the card have a different back design in additon to the different color. Or you can have it have the birthday persons name on the back. Or the name of a company, or a logo, etc.
And you can have it be different each time so when working the bar or tables you can do a quick 1 second reset and do it at another table with a completely different card and prediction each time.
I've worked with similar effects in the past but am always looking to improve on a method or handling as most of us do, and was willing to pay $14.95 to find out.
So, with no rough and smooth, no wax or tape, and no sleights, this is strong, visual magic that won't dissapoint in my opinion.
Once you see the basic effect; you'll soon see how you can change the ending (as I did) so that you can have the special birthday persons name be on the back of the card etc with just a couple extra seconds planning. When you're working tables or the bar in a restaurant, finding out who's celebrating what is one of the first things you do and if you're smart you have the waitstaff supply you with that info so you're always prepared to take advantage of the situation. This trick fits neatly into that and its a can't miss.
I got it along with a couple other things ordered from http://www.bobsolarimagic.com
Still playing with one of the other items which I'll post once I get some handling down.
Check it out I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I agree this is Great no Rough & Smooth & no memory work I have to give this a try Thanks for the review !
Tops
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I agree with Serge Storm's review of "Brainwave for Dummies" - it's wonderful - tried it with several groups and it played very well - couldn't be easier to do, allowing the performer to rely completely on presentation.
Check it out at http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/under15.......rdummies
Richard
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
No sticky tape? This is interesting!
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
Rowdymagi5,
Definitely no sticky tape.
Richard
MikeHall
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of MikeHall
How about no dbl******* ?
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
The link shows a Hoyle deck but the ad copy says Bicycle... which is it?
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Hi serge storms/doowopper,

I was wondering if the deck can be examined and/or can it be
shown to be a "regular" deck of cards (ie. showing faces and backs)?

Thanks for your feedback on this so far!

Regards,
digitaltrip
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
It's bicycle back.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I figured the effect out very clever no need to hand out the deck . If the spectator handles the deck behind his back during the trick why would he need to examine it . I think the examination of the deck will fly right past the spectator . This looks like good magic will probably fool magicians as well.
Tops
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
How do you justify the need to place a card on top of the deck, and then to cut the deck placing the card in the middle, to then just look for the card to reveal it? Why not just remove a card? You have to have a "reason" for all the actions
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 19:14, digitaltrip wrote:

Yes, the deck can be examined at the end but you need to do a clean D*** S****h.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 02:59, tophatter wrote:
I figured the effect out very clever no need to hand out the deck . If the spectator handles the deck behind his back during the trick why would he need to examine it . I think the examination of the deck will fly right past the spectator . This looks like good magic will probably fool magicians as well.
Tops

Thanks tophatter, I do understand that there is no need to hand it out. But "can" it be? And even without handing it out for examination, can the faces be shown?

Regards,
digitaltrip
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 07:57, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 19:14, digitaltrip wrote:

Yes, the deck can be examined at the end but you need to do a clean D*** S****h.

Smile

Thanks Ustaad for your answer!

Regards,
digitaltrip
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I believe Ustaad sumed it up well. I would just put the deck away & move on to the next miracle !
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Wow ! got mine today this is really good so easy you just focus on the presentation this is real world magic went right into the briefcase. You guys know when you fool your wife badly it's a worker !
Tops
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Bob performed this effect for our club last night and it fooled all of us. THe sequence of instructions all seemed reasonable to all of us.

Michael
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Dummies should not perform brainwave:I don't think Dai Vernon created brainwave to see dummies using his work Smile
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
The difference is that this effect can lift even a dummy upto the talented performer level.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Brainwave For Dummies (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL