The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Prohibition - Bottle Production question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
I've decided to replace my "Coin in Bottle" routine for "Prohibition" as a opener for my restaurant work. However, I would like to add one more element to the routine. Rather than just reach into one of my pockets and remove my bottle, I would like to magically produce the bottle. I will be using a Corona Beer bottle for the routine. Keeping in mind the following:

1. The bottle to be produced is a Corona Bottle.
2. Must be able to be conceled until needed without being detected.
3. Must be able to be reset without vanishing somewhere private.

I would appreciate any feed back as to what would be the best bottle production for my needs.

Thanks
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Less is more. By producing the bottle magically you have removed the magical aspect of the penitration. Do so if you wish but do so knowing you have taken an excellent effect and reduced its power. Have fun.
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
OOPS, I just realized that I had another post pertaining to Prohibition a while ago. My mistake. Sorry.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In general when you take 2 mediocre tricks and combine them, you end up with one horrid trick.

Why we feel we have to do things like this I will never know. I know all the arguements for it, but really it is sad to see a magician who can't just take out a bottle.

I mean do we HAVE to produce the deck, do tricks with it, vanish it, produce a bottle then a coin, and yada yada yada. I think we need to take ourselvs less seriously.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Danny is correct. Also flourishes often lessen the impact of an effect. I realize some name magicians make statements like "would a real magician pull out a deck of cards or would he produce them magically?". Well, I say a real magician puts his pants on the same way I do and I think a magician would pull a regular deck out of his pocket.
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Perhaps your right Dannydoyle. Just asking because it seemed like a good idea. I saw a clip of Johnny "Ace" Palmer produce a bottle as an opener. It was very magical. The clip stopped there and not sure where he went with it. But the production of the bottle was very good. Did he just produce the bottle and set it aside or did he continue on and use it in another routine? I find it somewhat hard to believe that the bottle was produced and simply set aside. I wonder if Johnny "Ace" Palmer takes himself very seriously when he produces his bottle. I would like to reach his level of excellence regardless of how serious he takes himself. People I believe watch Magicians to see Magic and when a bottle or anything for that matter is produced, its a Magical moment. Just my opinion. Right or wrong.

Thanks
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
If you do decide to produce a bottle, use a Topit. Michael Ammar has a great and easy bottle production using a Topit. Here's the link to his Topit pattern: http://ammarmagic.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=45. He showed the production to us at a lecture, it was great.

Jeff
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Splash Bottle gimmick should do the job.
Check here its where I got mine. http://www.themagicwarehouse.com

-Pauly
Astonishment as Therapy...?
That Magic Guy
View Profile
New user
Orlando, Fl
55 Posts

Profile of That Magic Guy
I use the Splash Bottle gimmick along with Troy Hoosers bottle production. Bottle is hidden behind the close-up pad. I retreive the bottle and roll the pad around it then pull the bottle out. If people are paying attention the appearence is quite startling. Need to be wearing a jacket. Pretty soon it will be hot here in Orlando and I'll be back to wearing a vest.
Mark,
That magic guy
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Thanks for the info. Where can I find troy Hoosers bottle production?
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Hi Close-up,

You can find Troy Hooser’s bottle production in his book “Destroyers”. It is located on page 151 under the title “Nectar of the Cards”.

If you don’t already have this book, it is well worth the price of admission (as they say).

Sincerely,

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
So you are going to combine them eh? I look forward to hearing your answer.
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Yes, I think so.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Good job....I think you are a brilliant performer.
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
I use the splash gimmick to produce the bottle. I do the routine on David Stone's DVD - Real secrets of magic.
That Magic Guy
View Profile
New user
Orlando, Fl
55 Posts

Profile of That Magic Guy
You can also see it on one of Troys DVD. Think it is #2. Called bottle production.
Mark,
That magic guy
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
I forgot nobody reads books anymore. Silly me.
...the magic that creates Memories!
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Bob Read's bottle production doesn't require any gimmicks. It's written-up in his booklet 'Thanks to Pepys'.

You can't do it if you're working in a naturist resort (or maybe you can, but best not go into that any further Smile)

I don't think it would be a good idea to combine with Prohibition, which is strongest when used 'impromptu'.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Well, I don't believe I'm a brilliant performer. But thanks for the comment. Richard, I also believe that Prohibition is strongest when performed impromptu. But the vast majority of my performances are done in restaurants. I would say at least 90%. I would guess to say that Coin in Bottle is no more impromptu than Prohibition. After all who carries are a bottle for any purpose, especially to place a coin inside or a bottle cap.!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
When you combine 2 effects inevetably (regardless of how it is spelled), the audience will remember one trick far more than the other. Thus taking away impact from one effect. Much the same way in which 3rd party canditates often take votes from one or the other mainstream candidates.

Why lessen the impact of either trick?

Like I said we need to take ourselvs less seriously at times. The idea that everything we do has to be magical in some way can really make us look idiotic. I mean the silly discussions about how to present business cards. You end up looking like a guy starved for attention who takes himself far too seriously.

Never forget that magic is done for people, not for yourself. At least when it is done right that is the way it is.

If they see you believing every move is magic, they really start to back away.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Prohibition - Bottle Production question (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL