The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Just started working with a ferret... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
... and I'm for options for producing her. She already vanishes in a tear apart vanish box and puts on all her ferret charm for anybody that'll watch her. Any ideas for production? I'm thinking along the lines of producing her out of a restored newspaper but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance,
Sammy the Kid
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
Find waht she does naturally and use that. example.... I use my ferret and he like most ferrets will pop his head up and out of any box. I use a duck bucket production, set it down open the lid and walk away, the ferret does the magic for you....pop up his little head and he's so cute. works everytime aud loves it.
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use to use a ferret. It is best to use an item that can seal and lock because they are very nosey and try to come out early if there is an opening. The "Mirror Box" would be a good investment.

If you wish to diplay him in front of the crowd for a while, it would be best to get a canvas, newspaper or other material to catch his droppings. When they wake up and out of their carrier, they will want to take care of their droppings soon.

Posted: Mar 12, 2007 12:40am
I got a question, Sammy. Do you plan to do the production or the vanish last?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For the Ferret Magic experts, contact Rick or Syd. (Ricker here on The Magic Café)

Enjoy!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
DynaMike, I'm planning on doing the vanish last. I would like to open with a production, do some of her tricks (for a raisin, she'll do most anything), and finish up with a vanish. I am contemplating using the tear apart vanish box as a production device though. The gimmicked piece is ventilated pretty good and she'll probably be asleep in it as soon as we close the lid. She does like a good nap.

Sammy the Kid
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24051 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Here is my suggestion. Have the ferrot reappear somewhere near the end. Most people see that as more entertaing and with better showmanship. Think about some of the kids sad faces at the end if you have the ferrot disappear without bringing him back. Of course it is up to you, those are just my thoughts and advice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Just started working with a ferret... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL