The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Starting a Higley Grindshow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zombie5225
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
9 Posts

Profile of zombie5225
I plan on ordering a Higley Zibit in the next few weeks. I have read the how to guide several times and was wondering if anyone could send me pictures of your setups so I could get a few more ideas. Also, does anybody know of any Zibits being shown in the Baltimore area? Thanks for any help!!!
KV Magic
View Profile
New user
Missouri
58 Posts

Profile of KV Magic
Zombie, I will be setting mine up for the first time Friday. I will take a picture for you.

But, you can email Doug and he will send you pictures of other setups!

Doug does a great job responding to emails.

Keith
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Do it exactly as in the how-to guide.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Uh...I send pictures to anyone who gets the How-To...I do not include them because some folks are still on Dial-Up and I want you to know they are coming...also...
As it says in the How-To, just ask AFTERR you read it for the photos. I want some things to sink in first BEFORE you have photos to fall back on and not read what should be read.

There is absolute METHOD to the madness.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Just do what Doug says. It works!

The folks who have sent Doug photos (including me) have agreed that he should be the one to distribute them. My photos are not posted anywhere.

Yours,

Paul
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Oh and does the method work.

It works with EVERYONE!

Higgz is a great guy, and knows his stuff, listen...I do, he's also pretty good at giving advice for everyday life.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Don`t do it, it`s a complete waste of time and money. This chap Higgs,Biggs or whatever his name is,,,,is just a phantom,,,everyone here is on a wind up with you ok.

Do card tricks and make real cash.

Ken
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hey Kondini...Felix Unger!

zombie5225...don't listen to a Higley Impersonator who is Bald, buys his shirts at Home Depot, shaves his shoulders and pays his bills by using my plan. It just ain't fittin'.

:)
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I hope you look as weird as Kondini and/or Higley. It makes a better draw. People think, "Man, a strange-looking guy like that has got to have some really weird stuff in that tent! I'd better pay my dollar and find out!"
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Airship, Higley looks like my grandpa. People would think, "Man, a guy like that has got to have some prize turnips and squash that looks like Eisenhower in that tent. . ."
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I'd expect to find Pinocchio in Higley's tent. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
My, what an strange conversation...
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I think that Doug and Kondini are the same person. Look at the moustaches. The rest is gaffed.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
They can't be Harley.,. Look closely. That Kondini fella (whoever he is) is surely old enough to be Dougs grandad... also no-one, not even the great Higgz could make a gaff THAT bizarre looking Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
You just haven't seen his gaffs...I hear they're autobiographical!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Smile
erichall
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
69 Posts

Profile of erichall
Hey gang,

This is my first post in several years. Hello!

I've recently been enjoying the posts in the Believe it or Not section, so I thought I would sign up again. I too have ordered a Zibit, and am planning to "take it on the road" this summer. I think it's going to be a great time! I would love to keep reading about other's (new and veteran) experiences with the Higley Grindshow, and will be happy to share my own. Got any good stories?

I won't bore you with my bio right now. It's all on the inside-

Cheers,

Eric
erichall
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
69 Posts

Profile of erichall
The zibit has arrived and is as advertised. More so. I wish I could drop everything and set up the tent at the flea market tomorrow. Unfortunately, the "maiden voyage" will be in two weeks, on May 5th. That gives me two weeks to get excited about actually exhibiting the strange thing, after three weeks of getting excited about getting the strange thing. I hope it is always more fun for me than it is for the audience..

Anyway, I invite anyone else starting this up to share stories on the Café or through PM's. I'm not fishing for secrets from the veterens.. It is clear from every post on this topic that the secrets are clearly outlined in Doug's notes, and after reading them, I believe it!

Cheers, and happy grinding-
Eric
KV Magic
View Profile
New user
Missouri
58 Posts

Profile of KV Magic
Eric,

I've had my Zibit out three times now. Here's the short version...

Doug's methods WORK!

Just ask the vendors around me. Smile

KeithM
erichall
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
69 Posts

Profile of erichall
Keith,

Glad to hear there is a Zibit in Missouri (I'm from Rolla)!

E
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Starting a Higley Grindshow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL