The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » If You Were To Be God... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Ignorance IS painful. But that hasn't stopped anyone from being ignorant.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 10:45, Carrie Sue wrote:

I'm reminded of this quote:

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant. It's that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

"What does an actor know about politics?" -- Ronald Reagan
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ignorance can be adjusted upward...the ignorant can be taught.

Rather than ignorance it is LIEing that should be eliminated. It is the lier that uses and influences the ignorant. ('Ignorance Is Strength' Orwell)
If humans were incapable of lieing much would be solved...we might lose Santa :-(
and most of the worlds religious leaders and fanatics Smile and the major benefit: ALL politicians would disappear as if they were wrapped in 'Odoer Eaters'. Smile Smile

We are all born ignorant...we are taught to lie.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
I'd do nothing. What else is there to do. All the worlds ills are of our doing. We have the necessary tools, skills, resources and such to sort things out. We can end poverty, we can end war, we can live in peace for the benefit of all mankind. We just need to chose to do these things.

Then again I think I'd cry for humanity
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 23:00, Micheal Leath wrote:
If there was a god and I were him, I'd actually create some real proof that I exist. I sure wouldn't be appearing on toast and all this other crap that people see as proof.

"God on toast..." or maybe "God a la King with gravy". I am laughing my head off! Tooo funny, Michael Leath!

As for me, if I were She, I would bring back the dinosaurs and have them eat up all the people so there would finally be peace on earth. Then the big meteor could hit again and kill the dinosaurs all off. Then their decaying bodies would turn to oil and humans like George Bush would have a reason to emerge from the dank one-celled pond scum, and we could start the cycle all over again.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 23:00, Micheal Leath wrote:
If there was a god and I were him, I'd actually create some real proof that I exist. I sure wouldn't be appearing on toast and all this other crap that people see as proof.

Proof would eliminate free will. Smile
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Well, why not take off free will instead?
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
But then again, if you were Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent... you wouldn't have to blame people.

After all, you knew what they were going to do before you created them. If you have to wipe out a life form and replace it with another, then you have illustrated that you (God) are a complete and utter buffoon.
POOF!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
My Dark Museum is based on Free Will...watch your tongues...

and Autum Oh Star Of The Morning, Dinosaurs? SHE would have much better sense than that and turn most all predators into Horses. The finest most spectacular glorius animal on the planet...Unlimited power and they don't eat their young...just grass...which would put some members on this forum in direct competiton.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 17:59, Cyssa wrote:
Well, why not take off free will instead?

Then life would have no meaning. Smile
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Just one, make the Goomba a real creature. Smile
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think the first thing I would do would be to re-watch the movie Bruce Allmighty. Without WISDOM, we humans have a real tendency to screw things up when given power without restraint.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Eric S.
View Profile
New user
Ohio
25 Posts

Profile of Eric S.
Quote:
On 2007-03-06 22:09, photius wrote:
I would make it so human idiots like me could not possibly be stupid enough to do God like things.

Oh, I like this!
Eric Scites
Circus Master
Faire Wynds Entertainments
www.fairewynds.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Proof wouldn't eliminate free will. It would eliminate faith.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
If I were God?

I'd tell everybody who presumed to speak for me to SHUT UP.

I'd tell everybody who presumed to interpret my message for others to GET OUT OF THE WAY and let people interpret my message for themselves.

And I'd tell everyone who presumed to collect money to do my work to HAND IT OVER, and if they'd spent it on themselves instead (and that means NO THEME PARKS!) they could go to jail. If they've spent it on a house for me, I'm doin' alright where I am, but there are lots of folks who don't have a house ... they can move in.

Oh, yeah ... I'd tell some of the folks on the GOOD NEWS forum to read these posts carefully.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
I'd say "Stop praying! I'm not a short order cook! Go make it happen yourself!

Then I'd wave my hand and do that invisible pass I've been praying for.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 18:11, Doug Higley wrote:
My Dark Museum is based on Free Will...watch your tongues...

and Autumn Oh Star Of The Morning, Dinosaurs? SHE would have much better sense than that and turn most all predators into Horses. The finest most spectacular glorius animal on the planet...Unlimited power and they don't eat their young...just grass...which would put some members on this forum in direct competiton.

Busted! You are so CORRECT, Oh Doug of the Dark and Higley! Smile
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Eric S.
View Profile
New user
Ohio
25 Posts

Profile of Eric S.
If I were God, you'd all be in trouble!

Me, to Hosts of Heaven: "Anyone seen mankind? Anyone remember where I put them? Anyone? Geez! I KNOW I put them somewhere!"

BTW, if anyone happens to see my keys lying around...

-Eric
Eric Scites
Circus Master
Faire Wynds Entertainments
www.fairewynds.com
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
If I woke and found I was God, I'd do as Douglas Adams suggested - vanish in a puff of logic.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I kind of think it borders on blasphemy to even think of the image of me being God.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » If You Were To Be God... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL