The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Boss Ultimate Mind Reading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
houston_3721
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of houston_3721
We've got some taste of the boss' mind reading during the session in Hong Kong. I don't remember how many times Rannie did it...3, 4 of 5? But they are all very close, keeping off by 1 (suit or pip). It's just mysterious. Rannie, do you teach Derren Brown this thing? lol
please pardon my English
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
When he got home from hongkong, he did one for me on the net. lol so no signals, no whatever. he got 2 right, 1 off suit. It's creepy. Glad you HK guys experienced this too!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Rannie, that is a super performance.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Rannie you are an amazing all round performer....you got me, very nice indeed.

The BOSS has done it again. Smile

Best to you.

Blade.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Just saw this too. The way it was delivered, very cool and confident. You can't beat that.

Best
John
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
The moment he step in the US, ask him to name the card on your mind. If he's feeling great, chances are, he'd get it. I dunno how he gets it though. Out of all the boss' magic, this one defies explanation.
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
BRAVO!
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
He strikes again! Just had another set on webcam. The first three trials were impressive, but what made me really amazed, and freaked out was when the boss took out one card. Only one card, showed it facing away from me via webcam. He then asked me to name any card. As in any card, right on the spot. Two of hearts, I said. He just turned over the single card he's holding, and it's exactly it!

The first three were amazing as well, though one missed it by a suit. But the last one, really, it made my heart beat faster. Sometimes it's not just awesome, it's freaky. I hope you guys could experience it too, live, via webcam, etc. I hope you get the sensation I felt. Really, it's beyond great.
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
I think it is cool that you can hang onto this one as it is pretty obvious how much of a hit it would be if you did actually release it to the public. This seems about as close to real magic as you can get...like Bang On without a wallet =)

--Jim
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
If I were the boss... I would NOT include this in my book. lol Releasing this into the public may be a great deal of temptation, but I won't, not until I'm either too old to do it, or not unless I really plan to release it... with a better thing at hand.

he's up there in the US. I hope he does this for you so you could tell the tale as well!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Cyssa,

I had a great day with Mickey Painless. I had the pleasure of performing this for him. am enjoying my US visit and the guys have been wonderful. I'll be driving to the Godfather's in a bit and hit the castle tonight. I can't wait! I'll be home soon!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Well, welcome back boss, we really did miss you! And now that you're back here, everything just turned alive! haha.

Anyway, about the ultimate mind reading: there were two instances just this , and evening. And it's shocking because it happened so perfectly- three different people, three different cards.

first one was me- I took one card, made him say what it is, and he's correct.

antwe tried to do it to the boss- and it worked! I guess the boss' premiere students are absorbing some of it now, secretly. Hmm. last time I know, ron muyot (ronstoppable here) can do it as well...

antwe was the second one. The boss just took one card- and there.

Lots of weird magic in the philippines, especially in the tavern, lately. Whew.

I guess in the tavern, or in apm, we own the title, 'national magic capital of the bizarre'? lol
Leo B. Domapias
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Leo B. Domapias
I saw that particular performance live. In fact, I was in the front row when Rannie did it.

I have no explanation as to how it was done.

I met Rannie last Wednesday and he showed me an effect along the same plot. A card merely thought of was the prediction card he placed on the table. Not as stunning as the effect on the video, but still stunning enough to leave me speechless.

That one he taught me how to do. But the Ultimate Mind Reading is his and his alone. The rest of us have to wait for a while before he shares it to the community. Till then, we have to console ourselves with the thought that being baffled is a wonderful feeling.
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
The word "ultimate" hits the spot perfectly...

Stunning.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Interestingly, this effect was first taught to me by my Mentor in Canada, a card man named Harry Smith, almost 40 years ago.

I don't know if Rannie's method is the same as the one I learned. I suspect his methods change depending upon the person and the circumstances.

I've used the method that I learned to fry some of the top Magicians and Mentalists in the world, over the last 40 years.

I've published Harry's method, along with some refinements, in my e-book, A CARD MERELY THOUGHT OF... You'll see an ad for this at the top of this page. The e-book contains many other methods and effects within the think-of-a-card realm.

Just click on the ad to learn more.

It sounds as if Rannie has hit upon some of the same thoughts that I use from time to time, some of which I haven't published.

- entity
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1360 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Entity's work on this is fabalous! I read your work yesterday evening Tom and will send on my thoughts.Very very enjoyable!

Peter
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Real magic, unreal. Three years in the Philippines and never saw anything like this......
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1604 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
We perform tricks, and the BOSS perform miracles!

Hong Kong boys are lucky to have BOSS with them in AMA Magic Convention last week!!!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
That was beautiful, Rannie. Hat's off to the Boss. Nicely done.

Sean
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I just witness Rannie do this on his webcam, and I gotta say, It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. He hold a card in his hand, back facing out, and asked to name a card. I named the 8 of Hearts, and that was the card! There were no switches, or anything. No psychological forces, and he only had that one single card. Nothing David Copperfield, or anyone has ever done can compare to this. This is REAL magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Boss Ultimate Mind Reading (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL