The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Torn and Restored 2000 - Ken Kuroki (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Effect: A bill is displayed, folded, and its center is covered with the exterior piece of paper from a gum wrapper. The paper and bill are torn cleanly in half and the bill is restored. The paper remains torn as proof. (Genii, Kaufman, May 2000)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWLTPZ2TeMQ

Best,
msc455magic
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
861 Posts

Profile of boydy
Is this gaffed or is there a gimmick involved for use of better words?
Looks great where can I find it?
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Look nice ! I don't think a gimmick is involved...
But as always with this kind of effect, the bill has a lot of visible fold after.
Maybe this can be hidden with previous effect with bill or saying it is an old bill...

But for an impromptu like effect, I really like it.

Nicolas
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
This trick is impromptu to a degree. It actually fooled me when I tried doing it for the first time (as practice).

This trick is in the May 2000 issue of Genii.

Best,
msc455magic
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of tmoca
The creases in the bill after the restoration tip the method...IMO
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I guess I have to think of a way to disguise the creases after the trick. I tried very hard not to make it show, but it still did. Maybe I ought to do this in a dimmer setting?

Best,
msc455magic
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5435 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I've had better luck disguising the folds by using a well worn bill. I also think that the lighting in the video showed more than what you would see during normal presentation conditions. Additionally, American bills may be better for this particular effect. Gotta tell you though... this one gets gasps of disbelief. The torn paper sleeve creates the illusion of actually seeing the ripped sections of the bill. I love this one, and Charles' handling of the "moment of truth" (prior to wrapping the sleeve around the bill) was exceptionally smooth.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17276 Posts

Profile of joseph
Can you crumble the paper, then the bill, to show they are normal,
thus disguising the folds? ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-03-10 07:28, joseph wrote:
Can you crumble the paper, then the bill, to show they are normal,
thus disguising the folds? ..

That's actually what it suggested in the instructions. In fact, I did that in real life, but the spectators suspect me of crumbling the bill to disguise... the folds...

Best,
msc455magic
syd_uk
View Profile
New user
London, UK
81 Posts

Profile of syd_uk
I recently started doing this effect. And it generally gets great reactions - especially from other magicians!

I actually learned how to do it by playing around with a banknote after watching the video. The folds really were a big clue.

I've definitely found that using a well-worn bill is better. I have played around with a few other effects which require a bill to be folded (Misleading Misled, Cocktail Bill Penetration, The Mystery of Width..) and using the same bill for each does crease it quite a bit.

Syd
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
Looks great, PM'd you msc455magic- how about taking the bill and immediatley crumpling it up getting rid of folds and blowing their minds with le clairs bill lev?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Torn and Restored 2000 - Ken Kuroki (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL