The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CloudBusting: The inside Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3716 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have just finished reading the book and I will post a review either tonight or tomorrow night. In brief, it is truly an encyclopedia of cloud effects. There is a great variety of effects all of which are clearly discussed in detail. I was very pleased with the way the book was written. I think everybody will be happy with the book. More about the book in my review to follow.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I haven't received a PM yet on my copy being shipped. Maybe I misread an earlier post. Are we being notified by PM here at the Café, or by email with the email addresses used for our Paypal accounts?
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.spelz.net
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
In most cases the email used for Paypal. In fact James I am packing yours right now to go out today. LOL...say Hi to Jennifer. I will autograph it to you. Thanks

Devin
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Jen's going to be thrilled that she was mentioned here! BTW, she's also thrilled that I'm going to be adding the Glass Box Prediction to an upcoming event. It's currently her favorite effect that I've purchased to date. I have been holding off on working it in because I'm trying to find enough ways to make it more unique to my performing style. Out of respect to more successful performers than myself, I always strive to change whatever I can in a routine to avoid just cloning them. That's why I'm so excited about the Cloudbusting book, as it sounds like more a book of concepts and ideas that a creative person can mold into their own presentations. Thanks for the heads-up Devin! I am really looking forward to another product by you! Smile
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.spelz.net
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I'm really looking forward to getting this next week. Now I can't wait until I get Forsight and Jeromes new book which will be worth the wait!
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yeah, mine should be on the way, I hope. At least I have the Sessions book to read while I wait. Smile
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I can't stress enough the level of expertise Jerome has on this subject...

when someone can perform something for me via the internet that is as mind blowing as his cloud busting is -- that's incredible.

I have experience the closest thing to real magic in the form of Jerome's Work...

Ask him about his ability to bend silverware via the internet ( yes it is possible ) and yes he has done it...

so close to the real thing it's SCARY!
xxx
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3716 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
In the book, Devin discusses how to make a cloud burst over a cell phone.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yeah, that is scary too, call anyone and have them chose a cloud and you make it vanish over the phone!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
UPDATE: Some of you already have your books (those who requested overnight express)Some will get them tomorrow, a lot of you will get them Monday. I did send out some tracking numbers, but this was taking away from shipping time to send emails, so I focused more on getting orders out than sending emails saying I had shipped the book.
The majority of US orders were shipped today via 2 day priority mail. Monday I will focus on the remaining US orders and tackle the foreign orders since I have to fill out custom papers.

Jerome's books have been autographed by me and are on the way to him. I'd say by Mid week coming up almost anyone in the states will have their copy in hand. Most foreign orders went with the First class option so when your books ship on Monday it will take you 8 to 12 days to get them. Only 2 people with with Global Priority mail and they should have them within 7 days.

This gives you an update so you don't have to wonder if your book has shipped. Most of them have. Still I think by Wed most everyone in the US should have their copy and this includes those who ordered from Jerome.

Devin
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1255 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Personally I appreciate how you've kept us up to date on this, Devin. It's most appreciated. The worse part of a venture like this, at least for me, is wondering what's going on.
houston_3721
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of houston_3721
Thanks for the update, Devin. I've never ever been so excited about a book in my life. For the time being, I hope to see some brief reviews from those who have read it. Smile

By the way, I am now deciding whether to go to study in Australia in the near future. Do you think it's any good to do the cloud effects in Australia (where from most of the pictures I've seen, there's always a clear blue sky with nearly no clouds at all) ?
please pardon my English
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Hi houston_3721,
I'm looking out my window here in Brisbane, Australia, and the sky is filled with heavy clouds. Don't worry, if you come to Australia to study I promise we'll serve up enough clouds for you to bust. We're very obliging and hospitable.
Cheers,
Jason
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On 2007-07-25 17:45, Blindside785 wrote:
Lol, to tame a hurricane don't you need very very warm condensation to mix in with the hurricane and that settles it? ...I shouldn't be watching the sci fi channel anymore lol

Speaking of hurricanes and such . . . Thursday night, half a dozen people witnessed an event that will change their lives forever.

My fiance and I were having guests over for dinner. Upon their arrival, there was an enormous cloud DIRECTLY over my house. It was black and blue and green . . . like the end of "Ghostbusters" Smile

Our friends have seen my cloud busting, and wondered what was up . . . using methods and presentations from the book, I went into my demonstration.

First, day became night in a matter of minutes . . . the entire sky went pitch black. Now came the wind. It was amazing! Rolling thunder and lightning followed shortly, and then violent rain and hail.

Tornado warnings flashed across the television, all the lights went out, came back on and continued to flicker throughout the demonstration . . . after taking quite the beating and making a HUGE impression, I offered to end the storm, and did in a matter of a few minutes. Everything became quiet and peaceful. The rain stopped and the air was still. These people were freaked out in a huge way . . . imagine me standing outside, the wind and waters lashing at me from above; a key I'm holding begins to twist and melt . . . and the elements react accordingly, responding to my every wish and whimper.

It was a fantastic performance and not to be taken lightly. It is all they could speak about the entire evening, and now the phone calls just keep pouring in. It is AMAZING at how fast word of mouth travels, and this was no exception.

Best,
Jerome Finley
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Are you being worhipped now?
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
In fact, I AM Smile

-J.

P.S., I can't wait for people to start receiving the book and commenting. I trust it will have been worth the wait for everyone involved.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Reading your stories get me so excited, I can't imagine how I excited I'll be reading on the workings of how these things are done and putting them into work.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Has anyone posted a review yet, I'm really interested in hearing what people thought of the book?
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
I sure would love to hear a full review.

From the sound of it, looks like it will probably be a while for a detail review due to all the information you have to read and absorb.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I think that a review this soon will no doubt be from someone who did not fully absorb the material in the book.

Immediate reviews are usually not great...
xxx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CloudBusting: The inside Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL