The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CloudBusting: The inside Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12..19..26..33..40..42~43~44 [Next]
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
This sounds like it may be a great release, and so begins the waiting...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Hahah, now I thought about moving/disappearing/appearing/clearing/skulpting clouds when I was watching 300. I'm so excited for this. I have high hopes for this. All I care about now is...is it practical? easy? can be done anywhere, anytime? be done with thousands of spectators around you?

If yes to all of these, then we got ourselves a trick of the year Smile
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Blindside,

Practical? Yes, absolutely.

Anytime, anywhere? As long as there are clouds.

Surrounded by thousands? You betcha.

Regards,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Congrats you won yourself over a costumer Smile
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
This is sounding unbelievable.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Imagine a playing card, name or word appearing in the clouds. Intrigued? Jerome covers his techniques for this. He actually does this and I will be adding my thoughts to his ideas. This book is going beyond just cloud busting with other effects you do with the clouds.

Not just for street magicians, but for festival and fair performers. Imagine having someone select a card, then look up into sky and see a cloud formation revealing that card! Talk about people screaming, can you imagine the effect this would have? We tell you how to do it.

Many of these effects will be suitable when you are having your backyard cookout and some friends are over. If the conditions are right you are set to do miracles that will seem totally impossible. If not you don't do the effect. Besides you haven't told them you were going to do anything.

No Clouds in the sky? No problem I will teach you an effect that is stunning without any clouds and has gotten me press coverage. It's a BOLD idea that both Jerome and I both thought up in the past.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Sometime this weekend I will upload a picture of a playing card image in the sky. This is used to reveal a card they just selected.This looks pretty amazing to a spectator, to see the card they selected revealed by the clouds. Stay tuned. You could start a religion with some of this stuff.

Devin
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
This is sounding more and more amazing!
This is going on my list of must haves.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
OK folks here you go, the promised photo. Others will be in the book. Let's say you go up to someone on the street and have them select a card. Let's assume the card is the Ace of Diamonds. They don't tell you the name but hold on to the card. You tell them you are getting an image of a red diamond card. You now state you will try to use the clouds to reveal the card they thought of. You concentrate and start sweating and them invite them to look upward and this is what they see!
http://users.zoominternet.net/~devin/aceh.jpg

Notice the very visible A for ace. Beside of it you point out is the small diamond. Look on the right side of the A and you see the small diamond shape. Can you imagine the effect this would have on a lay person who has just removed a card from the deck and suddenly the image of their card is in the sky.

Your street magic just got raised to a higher level! (Pun intended) Enjoy.

Yes this is done totally impromptu without the need for lasers, heat sources or secret assistants.

In the book we also show the 3 of Diamonds as another example. So guys, this isn't pipe dreams. Jerome and I actually do the cloud revelation. You can too.

Devin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
People have PM and asked me more about Cloud Sculpture. This is where you change the shape of clouds into something people would recognize. Something I like to do and explain in the book is to have some animal cards. Great if working for young kids. Have them select an animal, you concentrate and cause a cloud to shape itself into that animal. The person doesn't tell the animal or show you the card, you cause the cloud to change shape into an animal, then they show that is the very animal they were thinking of.
Let's say the person chose a duck. Ok here is Cloud Sculpture of a waddling duck:
http://users.zoominternet.net/~devin/duck1.jpg

Want more? Ok, say they chose a fish:
http://users.zoominternet.net/~devin/fish.jpg

A swimming fish complete with a mouth!

I guess that is enough examples. I just wanted to show you that our work goes FAR beyond the cloud busting technique that some of you are familiar with. This is basically a book of CLOUD FEATS or Cloud Magic.

Devin
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Wow!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Blindside, you are a person of many words....
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
That's incredible, how can this be done, I mean the clouds... forming into revelations. When are you hoping to have this ready? Blindside said it best, WOW.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Late Spring or early summer, Jerome and I are still writing. The photos are pretty amazing and you can do the same thing once you learn our techniques. When you do the Card in the air, people are going to put you in the league of those two well known TV street magicians. It just doesn't seem possible to a lay person that such a thing can be done. Unless you sold you soul LOL.

Devin
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I thought I'd chime in here for a moment . . .

Cloud sculpting can be very powerful with objects as Devin has done. Others have ventured here as well, including another great thinker and performer that I respect very much and who also frequents this forum.

With that said, I prefer to work with words and the names and faces of loved ones when I do cloud sculpting. I regularly use a powerful psychological effect in which the spectator THINKS of a number and chooses a cloud, only to SEE their number appear in the cloud! No questions are asked, nothing is said, and I know which number is being thought of. (And no, it's not written down either Smile )

Besides the name or face of a friend or loved one, the above routine is the one I use most when sculpting.

These are not pipe dreams, but REAL WORLD miracles. The reader will get both sides of the technique and performance, from Devin's perspective, as well as my own.

This material, instruction and technique can also be used to great effect for things other than cloud busting. We will touch on this as well.

Regards,
Jerome Finley.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Just thought I'd chime in again and say that when it comes to Cloud Sculpting, Jerome and I are from two different schools of thought. My methods are totally different from his methods. This is one area where we were not on the same page. He has some interesting approaches and methods different from the ones I use.

My methods are of what Al Mann or Doc Shields would have used. Jerome on the other hand is going more with a Hilford/Kenton approach. So the reader will have two schools of thought on this to study and learn from.

Devin
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2007-03-10 14:55, magicbuilder wrote:
Late Spring or early summer, Jerome and I are still writing. The photos are pretty amazing and you can do the same thing once you learn our techniques. When you do the Card in the air, people are going to put you in the league of those two well known TV street magicians. It just doesn't seem possible to a lay person that such a thing can be done. Unless you sold you soul LOL.

Devin
Oh please try to release this late Spring, or really really really early summer. I'd love to pull it off and film this to tons of people at Wild Waves! lol
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Forgot to mention, Jerome has some thoughts (and he does this in the real world) where the face of a loved one appears in the sky. Talk about freaking someone out!
This idea was new to me and I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet, but I am looking forward to doing this.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Blindside, this would be perfect for Wild Waves, when I work outdoor festivals I will often use the card in the sky revelation. It will stay there for a while and after your show people will walk around and point to the MIRACLE in the sky that you created!
Since the card can be seen from anywhere in the park or festival you have a solid reputation maker. Once you filmed this, you could load it up to YOU TUBE.
Devin
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yeah of course I'll load it up on youtube Smile, maby I can get hooked up with some friends or one of my mom's firend's video camera so I could get better audio quality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CloudBusting: The inside Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12..19..26..33..40..42~43~44 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL