The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CloudBusting: The inside Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..25..29..33..37..41..42~43~44 [Next]
Bill Douglas
View Profile
New user
El Paso, TX
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Douglas
Ok, I concede. TheGuy26 is right this book must not be based on science according to the author (who makes money on the sales I believe). Orgone Energy is physical or perhaps somewhat spiritual. It is the closest thing to "the force" of Star Wars fame one may witness in our galaxy. Is that a better way to explain it?

If Orgone energy is not the method used what pray tell is it? I said it was not scientific or chemical in my earlier post because it doesn't involve cloud seeding or lasers or the like. Dr.William Reich was the earliest studier of these Orgone pnenomenon ( emphasis phenomenon). He was scoffed and ridiculed by the scientific community in the first half of the 20th century (1930's-1950's) and was actually prosecuted by the F.D.A. and sent to prison. He died in prison two years after his conviction in 1957. So scientific would probably not be a term appropriately used, especially by the traditional/empirical scientific community.

Dr. Rolf Alexander M.D. a psychiatrist termed the ability as para-psychology (some scientists post 1950's called it pseudo-science) and gave demonstrations to the media and other spectators.

"According to Rolf Alexander, who said he could cause cloud dispersal through concentration, the prefrontal lobe of the brain radiates "some unknown form of energy". To demonstrate his theory of "creative realism", Alexander staged a demonstration in Geneva Park, Canada on September 12, 1954. The event was covered by a Canadian Press reporter and published in the Niagara Falls Evening Review the next day. From 2:09 to 2:17 that afternoon, Alexander claimed to use his "creative realism" to dissipate three clouds, the first in just three minutes. The cloud's dispersal was photographed and published by the CP reporter." --- from Wikipedia

Search terms such as Rolf Alexander, orgone energy, cloudbusting, book titles; "Creative Realism", "The Power of the Mind" by aforementioned Alexander.

The time it takes to bust a cloud depends on its size, density, and ability of the perfomer. One can make holes in the cloud, erase it, or change its shape. I personally have erased small fluffy clouds in 3-4 mins (not 10). Why per se does the cloud chosen by someone else disappear and all the other clouds around it not change? This can all be done on a still day when clouds in the area can be observed as lingering rather still. I have done this, witnessed by others, not dreaming; using orgone energy principles and techniques.

Read the research article published at this link on a university (.edu) website:

http://www.fpc.edu/pages/academics/behave/psych/web95-1.htm

If one needs to read more about this from a work previously published by a magician/ mentalist see David Shuttleworth's "Mindblowing Mentalism: Deluxe Professional Edition 2".

Guy, I am not trying to dash your or anyones dreams or disillusion anyone from their hope that this new book will not be great and deliver what it promises. In all my research for this topic I have not found anything that promises to be a complete compilation of performing great things with clouds such as "Cloudbusting:The Inside Work". But please do not become delusional that this will be anything more than what the authors profess in earlier pages of this thread ('been around for 100's or 1000's of years, and the real work on performing this abilty' paraphrased.) BUT I COULD BE WRONG about the general principle involved - this new work could be a courageous journey into new and unprecedented N.L.P. or hypnotism, or such.

I will buy this book because I am pretty sure that it will be the "go to" source for the real work from guys that perform Cloudbusting well. I am totally supportive and behind the authors of the book which this thread is about and am not disclosing how to do this by mentioning the principle (if in fact it is the exact same one the authors mention or use). It is obsure and a bit arcane and if orgone energy is the principle, requires extensive research for them to study let alone put together a book that teaches others how to do such a seemingly miraculous feat.

Bill Douglas- R.N., B.S.N., M.S.N.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I am pretty sure Orgone energy is not how this is done. That is how normal cloudbusting is done, but not this. He said it can be done instantly.
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
214 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Questions regarding orgone energy was already asked and answered on page 9.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Yeah, I knew it wasen't Orgone.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
For completeness, in section 3 I deal with Orgone Energy, both Jerome and I fully believe in and use Orgone Engergy, but this isn't the only method we use. The first two sections deal with every known bit of trickery possible to do cloud busting. I cover the basics in the first section: Cloudbusting 101. In the 2nd section, Advanced Cloud Melting Techniques, Jerome deals with more advanced forms of trickery and even includes some NLP and hypontic stuff along with down right trickery. IN the third Section, I deal with the known occult, new age methods that seem to really work. Finally in the 4th section, I briefly touch upon a so-called cloudbusting device that will vanish clouds. We cover all ground in this book from the impromptu to the more advanced. There is little about Cloud Busting we don't disclose. Jerome and I have written every technique we have used over the years.

I can assure you, even if you have been busting clouds for years, you will find new ideas you haven't thought of.

Devin
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Will this work everytime with everyone?
socter
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of socter
Quote:
On 2007-06-02 19:41, THEGUY26 wrote:
Will this work everytime with everyone?

This question was answered one page back. by Jerome

"No, it is not 100% In all fairness, cloud busting is very psychological in presentation, it will take a strong, competent performer to make it work well. It is not difficult though, and presented properly can further help your career and reputation in BIG ways."
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Let me put a lot of the speculations to rest right now. As socter quoted me, cloud busting is not a 100% sure-fire effect, but what would you expect for such a gigantic feat??? I can assure you that it has been good enough for me to use in my own paid, professional work for over 12 years now. It's also one of the most talked about and requested pieces I perform.

Cloud busting is very bold. If you like using psychological techniques to enhance your effects, this is for you. Those of you who prefer to use strong, bold and direct methods will have a near perfect routine here. I liken it to other bold and beautiful routines such as PK Time, PK Touches, Prevaricator, For Andruzzi and also Jermay's "Twisted Palm" reading, among others.

I do have a number of orgone and tachyon devices, and I'll sometimes include these instruments in my cloud busting "workshops" as a fun way to further explore the phenomena. The only routine I did not include is my performance piece with a crystal skull. This is the only thing I am keeping to myself, and for the reasons of; I don't think many of you own a 2,500 year old quartz skull. Also, not to blow my own horn, but this particular routine is extremely advanced and few people without my unique background and training could ever make it work. It relies heavily on mysticism, orgone energy and NLP, and a lot happens besides cloud busting during my routine.

So, let's discuss what happens when the effect doesn't go quite as planned. I can say that it will never totally bomb; you will never be left in a situation of complete failure, in fact, even your "misses" (for lack of a better word) can appear remarkable. There will always be strong phenomena and occurences taking place with our routine. Further, you're going to find a lot of tools, techniques and suggestions that will make anything you perform even more powerful.

The effect can appear instantaneous through dual reality, framing and presentation. We are not giving you a magic word that will instantly cause clouds to vanish. I think we need to bring some REALITY back to this thread.

In the book, I have included my 5 minute (or less!) "street ready" cloud busting routine for ANY cloud. Remember, cloud busting is a performance piece. I enjoy taking my time when allowed, and it doesn't matter if I take 1 minute to bust a cloud or 10. In the end, if the result is miraculous, the participants experience true magic and astonishment and everyone is happy, who cares? This is not a routine you should look forward to chopping through quickly. Take your time, relish in the MAGIC.

Far too often, I feel magic and mentalism lacks appropriate build up, drama and theatre. This can be one of the most powerful things you can show a person or group of people. I love cloud busting, because it allows for a real connection with the audience during the effect. Human interaction is so empty these days, and it often shows in our magic. One trick after another, bam-bam-bam, a few short minutes later, we move on. I hate that. Cloud busting can be a deeply personal and moving experience, one that people tend to retain years and years after the fact. How many of your impromptu routines can boast such a thing?

I had plenty of reservations in releasing my work on the subject, and they are all coming screaming back to me now. If people want to show off and make it all about you, or you simply want to vanish a cloud instantly without reason or meaning, this book will not suit you well. I'll save you the money right now Smile This is not another Ellusionist or Penguin magic trick (no offense).

I'm trusting that mine and Devin's work will find a great home within the magic fraternity. There have been a lot of wild speculations made as a result of this thread. I would not worry about what cloud busting is or is not, or what it can and cannot do or how fast. It plays just as good as it reads and is one of the strongest things I work with.

I trust this will help to clear some things up, as I don't want anyone disappointed in the work. Know these things going in, and it will be a splendid journey!

Kind regards,
Jerome Finley.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
For those looking for a QUICK fix, I will say that my Card in the Sky revelations can be done in less than a minute. Personally I like to take a bit longer for proper build-up but if you are looking for a quick cloud effect that doesn't take 3 to 6 minutes, then you will get it with the Sky Revelations.

Those wishing to make a cloud vanish in a few seconds will be disappointed. Then again you don't want to make a cloud vanish in a few seconds. This is a major feat that looks impossible. You want to build it up, make it look difficult.

A prime example are the Chriss Angel TV shows. Sometimes he spends the entire show building up what he is going to do in the last minute. The build up is what sells it.

In the book Jerome gives some excellent techniques for creating a build-up before the trick even happens. This makes the effect appear even more incredible once it happens.

In most magic we don't tell them what we are going to do, otherwise the surprise is gone and they may be looking for the method as we do it. The exact opposite is the case with Cloud Busting. We plainly tell them what we will do, and how we will do.

The rules for being a good speaker:

1-Tell them what you are going to tell them.
2-Tell them
3-Tell them what you just told them

These rules apply to cloud busting:

1-Tell them what you propose to do
2-Vanish the Cloud
3-Reinforce what you just did
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1350 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Having followed this thread loosely, I really, really appreciate Jerome's post above.

I am very happy that he's laid it down like this. By clearly saying what it is and what it is not, you've done an honest and credible thing to this community.

This release will be absolutely excellent for some, and not so much for others. The difference now after all these pages is (more than) enough information has been given to distinguish where you ought to stand. A thoughtful consumer can't ask much more than that.

We owe you a lot for your time and indulgence on your work. Smile
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Jerome is finished with his section of the book, I am almost finished with mine. I've decided to add in a new section and reveal secrets I hadn't planned on. CONTROLLING THE WEATHER. If clouds control the weather, and you can apparently control clouds, then you should be able to control the weather.

You apparently can with the secrets I am adding in. Jerome covers this briefly in his section, but I'm adding in some HARD CORE real world solutions that will apparently give you the ability to stop rain. Delay snows and other things. Let's say someone has booked you for a outdoor party this weekend and the forecast says rain. She is worried, you tell here you'll delay the rain till the next day. The party day comes and it is dry and the rain comes the next day DESPITE what the weather forecast says.

Let's say the weather forecast says it will SNOW today. You tell your friends you will keep it from snowing. It doesn't snow that day even though the weather forecast is calling for snow!

No doubt some of you will say this is impossible. Not really. I share with you methods I have used over the years. These are not pipe dreams, but workable solutions that will convince people you are a master of elements.

Jerome explains in his section how a lady called him during Katrina and asked for his help. Jerome explains how her house was left standing while others were destroyed. A true story by the way.

Many of you will marvel at this information and will be amazed how easy it is to convince your family and friends you can control the weather.

This information appears in print for the first time and many of the methods have never been revealed to anyone before. This could have been a separate release but I have decided to add it into the book since it deals with clouds.

devin
terrick
View Profile
New user
Bloomington, IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
Quote:
On 2007-06-03 00:08, TT2 wrote:This is not another Ellusionist or Penguin magic trick (no offense).

Ha, even better! The release book is what gives me the motivation to go to work every morning so I can be prepared to buy it when it comes out. And your last couple responses have made it even more intriguing. Sometimes I just read over this thread when I'm bored. Sad but true story. This is my most anticipated book of the year (and I'm an English major).
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
WOW! You guys are really doing something great for the magic community!

I have really enjoyed reading your last few in-depth posts and want to say thanks again.

Devin, now your spoiling us! LOL! CONTROLLING THE WEATHER!? Your the man! And I can't wait to hear the Katrina story as told by Jerome! This sounds like a true miracle!

All the best to the both of you,
-Vinnie
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1358 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I think Perception is a key word..its all about what the audience thinks they see.Im a huge fan of PK Time and PK Touch not so much Luke's pieces but different horses for different courses Smile I read a few pages and lol people were getting a touch carried away...nobody can move clouds,though Im sure Jerome and Devin will give you the tools to make it appear that you can Smile Sounds utterly "cool" Smile
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Will this still be released at the end of the month??
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Since the word suggestion came up, and it has to do with effects like For Andruzzi, can this be done solely for yourself, and you can see the cloud take shape?

Thanks,
-Vinnie
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Vinnie,
It sure can. I love busting clouds for myself while driving or sitting at the computer. It's a great exercise and fun too. I was with my girlfriend at the dentist on Saturday. I busted clouds for those in the waiting room. The responses from people are always the same . . . absolute amazement, through and through. I was asked for my business card and one gentleman there has already called me.

In the waiting room, a mother stood astonished as the clouds disintegrated in front of her. She was holding her daughter, showing her! I'm not sure the child quite understood it (she was only 4 or 5, I think), so I asked the little girl what her name was, "Tasha" she replied. Ok Tasha, will you point to one of those clouds??? She looked at me blankly, and then pointed at the sky. "Tasha, what's one of your FAVORITE things? She smiled, "Ice cream". I asked, "Do you like ice cream cones?" She just smiled and nodded. I asked her to close her eyes and think of her favorite flavor . . . when she opened them, her cloud was an ice cream cone. "Mama! LOOK!" I finished by telling her that if she was very good at the dentist, that perhaps mom would take her for a pink ice cream cone (that was her "flavor" Smile ) That woman asked me for two cards. The staff was smiling, wondering what was going on . . . my girlfriend finished up and we left. Simple, direct, extraordinarily effective.

If there are clouds in the sky, I love to bust them for people. Anytime, anywhere.

You can do this for yourself, and like I said, it's great fun. I'm not doing magic and mentalism for others, I'm doing it for me!

Cheers,
J.
terrick
View Profile
New user
Bloomington, IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
Quote:
On 2007-06-04 15:47, TT2 wrote:
I love busting clouds for myself while driving or sitting at the computer.

That's scary! I hope I never drive near you on the highway! Just kidding, this sounds like great entertainment. I've been looking for something fun to do at work when I get tired of trying to move things with my mind.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
LOL! Busting clouds while driving is much safer than talking on a cell phone!!!

I can't stand that. Actually, I've heard that they are making a law against driving and using a mobile phone. Good for them!!! It really is one of my pet peeves. It seems my better half waits until I get in the car with her to send text messages and place her calls. My knuckles turn a nice white color as I grip the seats while she drives Smile Smile Smile

-J.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Me, too, I developed my skills in Cloud Busting on the long drives between shows. You just have to focus on the clouds in front of you on the horizon. It's very safe and will amaze the people in the car with you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CloudBusting: The inside Secrets » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..25..29..33..37..41..42~43~44 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL