We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bathrobe Costume Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
385 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Did someone saw Bathrobe Costume Change in sale in HP couple day before? is on One Day, they sold out all!

Did someone have more information about this, is look good in the demo, did someone know Who invent this? where I can get?................

Thanks
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-03-09 23:12, tommy ng wrote:
Did someone saw Bathrobe Costume Change in sale in HP couple day before? is on One Day, they sold out all!

Did someone have more information about this, is look good in the demo, did someone know Who invent this? where I can get?................

Thanks

PM Paul Gross he's on the Café.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I did as well. The gentleman who developed this is an apprentice with Kevin James. Kevin was excited this was coming out and spoke highly of it. It is a clever routine.

Dan.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Bathrobe Costume Change. We got a small shipment of this item in on Tuesday and sold out by Wednesday afternoon. It is an unbelievable effect and extremely well made product. I removed it from our website once sold out and it will be back in stock in 4-6 weeks. If you visit our website and look at my Blog "From The Desk Of Paul Gross" there is a video clip demonstration. Please do not hesitate to contct me at Hocus pocus if you have any questions regarding this product.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
385 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Thanks Paul!
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
How much does this cost?
Cheers
Nick
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

It believe it is a grand.

Dan.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Kevin James showed me this as FISM. This is one of cleverest opening bits I've seen. I plan on adding this to my opening once it becomes available again.
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Help help help........ please paul, can you please tell me if the size is customizable?
it is because due to the fact i`m a very skinny and thin person.
- a f o i -
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

I have the opposite problem .. of being skinny that is. Because it is fundementally a bathrobe, I would imagine smaller sizes should not be much of an issue ... but the opposite direction could be. Flexibility is sizing would be of interest.

Dan.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
A different style to Costume Change from Kevin James.
Very good!

Paulo
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Yeah, how are the sizes determined? I'm sure it's not one-size-fits-all...

Also, do you need to supply your own suit with this, or is it like part of the gimmick that comes with it?

-Vinnie
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
I am very keen to get this! Smile

But 2 questions before I purchase......hope the owners of this effect can help: Smile

1) If I have a tailcoat, loaded with 3-4 doves on my chest...can I PERFORM this effect?

2) Is this a 1 size fits all or we need to custom made in VERY details..e.g waist, how many inch..e.g?

Thanks for any feedback Smile
dove-boy
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Is this the same bathrobe costume change Rich Bloch performed as MC at one of this year's IBM convention evening shows? If it is, it's the best by far of the score of costume changes I've seen performed.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2007-08-06 03:19, dove-boy wrote:
I am very keen to get this! Smile

But 2 questions before I purchase......hope the owners of this effect can help: Smile

1) If I have a tailcoat, loaded with 3-4 doves on my chest...can I PERFORM this effect?

2) Is this a 1 size fits all or we need to custom made in VERY details..e.g waist, how many inch..e.g?

Thanks for any feedback Smile
dove-boy

Hi dove-boy,

I presume this would be your opening, in which case, you can perform this whilst loaded up.

One size fits all - the sleeve length is adjustable, however the towel around the waist is not necessarily adjustable. You have to adapt your own costume according to everything supplied.

I would not perform this as in the demo video (ie. without cover). I have an idea for an ideal cover and entrance, but just to leave everything on the floor to me is against the rules of quick change.

The set I received was not made correctly as far as I could work out (there were two things mentioned in the video which did not exist on the gimmick - not fatal, but for the price I expected a complete gimmick - apart from the obvious piece, which of course has to be customised).

The slippers were also not the best (or cutest!) that might have been supplied.
I bought this for a client, however if I were to perform such a thing in my own show, I would have gone from a different angle, and certainly upgraded the quality of everything supplied.

Another client enquired about a similar, but different entrance - he wanted o appear completely nude and then "get dressed" in an instant. This for me is a far more exciting project.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
[quote]On 2007-08-06 21:57, LeeAlex2002 wrote:
Quote:

Another client enquired about a similar, but different entrance - he wanted o appear completely nude and then "get dressed" in an instant. This for me is a far more exciting project.

Hi Lee,

well, it depends on how the performer looks like completely naked ;-).

Regards from Germany

Stefan

http://www.pierrot.tobit.net
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:

Hi Lee,

well, it depends on how the performer looks like completely naked ;-).

Regards from Germany

Stefan

http://www.pierrot.tobit.net

Absolutely Stefan! I meant exciting, as in technically challenging!! LOL!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Lex Schoppi
View Profile
New user
Germany
40 Posts

Profile of Lex Schoppi
Quote:
On 2007-03-09 23:12, tommy ng wrote:
Who invent this?

Nobody knows exactly.

I know the original costumes from Milo and Roger. They use exactly this Gimmick in her comedy show in the last century. Roger performs in the show several costume changes.

Also in vienna such gimmick with the same effect is available.

Best regards
Lex Schoppi, Quick Change Artist
http://www.lexschoppimagic.com
LEX SCHOPPI: QUICK CHANGE - SHOWS - COSTUMES - LECTURES - BOOKS - PRODUCTS
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
What a nice opener. If it was available I would be wanting one.
Frank
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Anyone know the status of this effect? Paul Gross said he'd be re-stocking it when it became available again, but as far as I know it never showed up again.

And Keven James has recently advertised it in magic magazines, but there's no mention of it that I can find on his Web site. Also, no responses to email queries from his Web site.

Anyone anywhere offering this thing anymore?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bathrobe Costume Change (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL