The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Thumb Tip Smoothness for Bill Switch???? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
To discover a new approach to the use of the thumb tip I want to suggest the dvd entitled EXAMINING THE THUMB TIP with Alexander de Cova. Imagine the thumb tip on another finger!!!!
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
I have heard good things about that dvd. I will have to add it to my wants list.
M
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
bouche
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of bouche
Thanks for starting this thread Salby. Great idea about the scotch tape. I have played with it and it works great.

I played with it for a bit and thought to put scotch tape on both walls inside the tip. That way if your thumb tip is on backwards you can still salvage the effect without revealing your curiously deformed appendage!

How long does the tape last in the thumb tip. Does it become shredded with use and interfere with bill manipulation down the road?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2824 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 19:29, Mark R. Williams wrote:
"The good old scotch tape has really become a super magic accessory lately"

Well, after all, when it first came on the market, it was called "magic" tape.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I have dry hands and the bill will not come out!
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
515 Posts

Profile of Bendy
The "classic" Vernet is a "hard," plastic TT with a smooth interior and a perfect fit for a bill, (48mm long with a 22mm opening). Great for bill switches. The only drawback to the classic is, in my opinion, a smaller load size than what I personally prefer and there is a mold line along the front edge of it. ...Of course, no one has ever gotten a good enough flash of it to see it, so it really doesn't matter to me; but that particular fact may matter to some, so I mention it here.

The Vernet "Soft" is, in my opinion, still "hard" and works just fine for bill switches. It is, by far, my favorite and most-used TT. The Vernet soft is still plastic with the exact same opening size as the classic Vernet and nearly as slick inside. The opening of the Vernet soft is tapered and if you're working walk-around or a trade show or something like that where you'll be in and out of your TT all day; it's a MUCH more comfortable and smooth transition and won't make your thumb raw after hours of use. The Vernet soft is a slightly thicker, yet somewhat more pliable, (but not flexible or soft like the vinyl or rubber TTs), material than the classic and a wee bit darker in color than the classic Vernet; making it more opaque. There is no mold line on the Vernet soft and the load size is larger without causing the TT to be uncomfortably or noticably long, (like the "King" size TTs). The Vernet soft has a 22mm opening and is 54mm long.

For silk-related effects, I prefer the vinyl or rubber TTs. We could spend all day on the differences and manufacturers of those...but suffice it to say that even with my extensive TT work, I have yet to find a vinyl or rubber TT that is acceptable for bill switches. Best to stick to the harder TTs with the smoother interiors. ...Though after reading this string of posts, I'm definitely going to see if the Scotch tape will work in my favorite rubber TT, (thanks, Kaliix)!

Hope that helps you out some, Salby.
Hollyfeld
View Profile
New user
North Shore, Massachusetts
62 Posts

Profile of Hollyfeld
Wasn't really having a problem, but decided to try little Scotch tape anyway. I like it! Thanks Kaliix.
Did you know there's a guy living in our closet?
--You've seen him, too?
Who is he?
--Hollyfeld.
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
As a note, you can shave the mold line and use extra fine sand paper to get rid of the remainder on the regular Vernet tips.

M
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Thumb Tip Smoothness for Bill Switch???? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL