The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Freakey - New Greg Wilson effect (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30~31 [Next]
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Is there any CLEAR demo video of this trick?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
What you see is what you get. I think the demo is pretty clear already. There's really no angle issues and the nuancies have been well thought out. There's also a treasure trove's worth of supplemental routines included by MANY different heavy hitters in the industry. Great props, great main effect, great bonus routines, this whole package is just top notch through and through taiwanben. If you are unsure of angle issues, just think C/S gaff but with a key instead. Excellent stuff. I carry my set daily.
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Can anyone help me? My gimmick key is scratched on the brass side so now you can see it's lighter where the scratches are. I guess I could make scratches on the other key, but this is annoying. I might apply lacquer so that it doesn't gets scratched further. I really don't know how people can keep this in their pockets without scratching without applying a further coating to it. My keys don't even move around that much in my pocket and this is REALLY getting me mad
Looking to BUY: Penomenon Writer (Black version), Ghost Cap (Porper), CAPtivated, Glass Mirage, Just a Key (Porper)
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Borrow your girlfriend's clear nail polish and apply a layer to the keys. Hope this is the key towards giving you some piece of mind.

In regards to other people not complaining about scratched keys: they either don't have a sharp eye like you, or they don't care. Best of luck and get Freakey.

Doug
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Perhaps I'm too paranoid, but I wish I had coated it when I first bought it. Good effect though
Looking to BUY: Penomenon Writer (Black version), Ghost Cap (Porper), CAPtivated, Glass Mirage, Just a Key (Porper)
Victor Ian Smith
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
61 Posts

Profile of Victor Ian Smith
Just curious...a few people have mentioned the key fob and needing a replacement. Am I dense or is there something special about the fob that came with it?

I keep the keys on my own key ring (similar style pull/turn action) that I got from my Honda dealer (9.99). Did I toss something out that had another purpose other than holding the keys and easily being able to take them off?

Thanks,

Victor
"Do what you love...

...and you will never work a day of your life"

- Confucius
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Vic: nothing special about the fob. It's just a quick release way to have access to your keys. My lexus keys use that rebranded fob
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Victor: how have the reactions been to Freakey in your experience?
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Anyone? Would still like to discuss this effect
Victor Ian Smith
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
61 Posts

Profile of Victor Ian Smith
Consumed by the holidays...will be working with Freakey more now and will let you know how it goes...still getting it down
"Do what you love...

...and you will never work a day of your life"

- Confucius
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Would be glad to hear how it goes, victor
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
If practice time is invested to get convincer moves down pat, this routine is one that makes people soon "give up" trying to follow analytically. I was surprised out how easily this effect got people to the I-give-up stage. That's a good stage to get people in when doing magic!
If you want to present this as something other than a CS type effect, it will take some thought although there are a few ideas on the DVD.
I've been working on that recently.
daveboldt
View Profile
New user
Dallas
22 Posts

Profile of daveboldt
Anyone know where I can pick up a few of the key fob's used in Gregory Wilson's Freakey? Thanks Dave
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2010-04-16 15:54, daveboldt wrote:
Anyone know where I can pick up a few of the key fob's used in Gregory Wilson's Freakey? Thanks Dave

dollar store...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Quote:
On 2010-04-16 15:54, daveboldt wrote:

I have been looking for those as well.
Dollar store you say, I will give that a try.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I can get them. They are $3.50 each in either gold or silver. Here is a picture of the silver one. Price does not include shipping of about $2.00 USA

Ron

Click here to view attached image.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Here is the gold one-same price

Click here to view attached image.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey Ron,

I'll take a silver one. Sent you a pm. Smile

mike Smile
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, TX
250 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
Amedica, Did you apply the nail polish? Do the keys look normal afterwards? Not too shiny? Mine are not too scratched yet, but I figure I'll do anything to make the gimmick last as long as possible.

My fob broke too, but I'm using my own key chain now. I want to combine this with a ring flight I can carry with the keys. I just ordered "Pro-Flite."

I love Freakey because it's always with me, and it's very strong. It took me a while to come up with my own routine that would build nicely on itself, but I'm now extremely happy with it.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I am taking orders for the key chains since I have to order several at once. Let me know and I will place you on my list and once I get enough (which should be soon) I will order the key chains. These are just like the originals, nicely made metal ones.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Freakey - New Greg Wilson effect (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL