The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Baxt Newspaper Tear.. Please Review! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I have heard wonderful things about the Baxt Newspaper tear, but I still don't understand what is so great about it. I know what a newspaper tear is, I have the Gene Anderson and the No Tear and a couple more; I don't remember their names.
I understand it eliminates setup time but what other advantages does it have.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10791 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Try Joel Bauers's (Torn and Restored Newspaper) it is a flash restoration and the gimmick resets instantly and can be used many time over. The gimmick is easy to make,
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1124 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>I understand it eliminates setup time but
>what other advantages does it have.

That, and you don't have to use chemicals to prepare.

Vinsmagic, where can one acquire this gimmick?

Brian
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of jimesw
"Try Joel Bauers's (Torn and Restored Newspaper) it is a flash restoration and the gimmick resets instantly and can be used many time over. The gimmick is easy to make,
vinny "

I second the recommendation for this video. It is a combination of ideas by other magicians. He credits the relevant people in his video. All in all, the best T&R I have seen.

Available from Hank Lee:
http://www.hanklee.net/cgi-bin/quikstore......arch=yes
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10791 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Brian , like Jimesw said it is avaliable on video.
and can be purchased almost any rep dealer..
vinny
ps the gimmick is self made and Joel teaches you how to make it on the video...
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Shomemagic:

I saw a video of the Baxt Newspaper Tear at the Hocus Pocus website. It looks good, but seems WAY overpriced. I'd say to save your money on this one.

I agree with the others: Joel Bauer's Tear is wonderful. Also, the No-Tear version is just as good as the Baxt, and a lot cheaper.

Ron Reid
bielke
View Profile
New user
Germany
57 Posts

Profile of bielke
i also think it is much overpriced! i saw it for 80$ and that is to much for it.

pierre
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
377 Posts

Profile of oagwood
I'd say that Baxt's method isn't ground breaking by any means but it is a magical secret that should be kept out of the hands of those that are mildly interested. If you do a lot of newspaper tears, or are considering doing so then this may be for you. There are a ton of other methods out there that may be more cost effective and you might want to consider them.
Me personally I like the convenience and ease of preparation that Baxt has to offer and for those alone I was willing to shell out the dough.

oliver
vootrage
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of vootrage
I saw the BAXT tear in a live preformance. It looks awesome so you can't really go wrong! Unless it is ridiculessly overgimmicked. Smile
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
Performing on cruise ships requires that your act be set up in 15 minutes or less due to traffic and heavy rotational shows. The Robert Baxt Newspaper Tear is perfect for me and others who perform many shows back-to-back, even though I utilize the gimmick differently for an unusual kind of tearing effect which involves no newspaper! This means it is extremely versatile, and anyone with half a brain could adapt it to other effects and methods. Even if you don't perform back-to-back shows and are tired of having to reset so much, it is easily worth the asking price and will save you endless amounts of time in the long run, more than making up for its purchase price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Baxt Newspaper Tear.. Please Review! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL