The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Lighter wands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Can anyone point me to where I can get a wand with a lighter built into it? I would like to use it with my dove pan instead of using a barbeque lighter or match.
-Matt
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I have one I bought years ago.I think it's European made It uses Butane. I think it still works. But if you ever have to replace the flint , I don't know how you could do that. I don't use it. Haven't for years. It's about 6 or 7 inches long. PM me if you want to make a swap , or something.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I have seen on sale lighters as thin as a pencil, about the size of a child's crayon. Perhaps you could build a wand around one of those?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Its got to have the igniter button on the end you hold, cuz using it with flash paper could be dangerous otherwise.
-Matt
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Try airport gift shops.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ODYN
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of ODYN
El duco have a nice ligther wand.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Roy Kueppers makes a nice simple wand which is light.

Best,

Sean
Troels
View Profile
Loyal user
Denmark
205 Posts

Profile of Troels
I have seen a lighter shaped like a giant matchstick. You could look in places, where they sell stoves and things for open fires.
Perhaps you could build it into a wand or use it as a comedy gag (pull it out from a normal matchbox).
Just an idea.
Trolle
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I got a great lighter from walgreens, it is dark blue(also had black and other colors) that is about one foot long and thin as a pen, with no visible markings except the ignition, it looks very sleek.

Easy to manipulate and keeps the flame far away from a spectator, pretty useful(though the ignition has seemed to have gotten stuck on mine so it requires a lot of force to turn on now, will have to look for another as it might be hard on spectator).
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
The Trickery sell the El Duco wand/lighter:
Here
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
alakazam!
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of alakazam!
Yes, I the El Duco wand is nice, the balance isn't great for wand spins and the like however.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
A wand that has a lighter built into it generally is built for a specific purpose (to light something on fire) and not for general use (like doing a wand spin for the cups and balls or striking vanish). Thin of it as a tool designed for a specific task.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
A flash wand would work well for lighting a dove pan. Just load a tiny amount of flashpaper in it and shoot the fireball into the pan, from a few inches away. Too much flash paper might shoot it out with too much force, causing it to bounce out of the pan. The ones with push-button ignition will help make certain that you aim it properly.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Attach lighter to bottom of wand 2 inches from base.Glue a piece of flash string to wand. Cost less then a dollar.Lighter is hidden and the effect is awesome,Kind of like what Lance Burton did with his cane..Cordially,Howard..P.s I also put a lighter on my fan for a fire snowstorm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Lighter wands? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL