We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Odd Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
You will find an improvement I think - you will find this a lot cleaner in fact you cannot get much cleaner! You will prefere this over the other 2 I betch Smile
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I'm still trying to visualize a "malteaser!"
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
991 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2007-03-13 19:26, RooMan wrote:
I'm still trying to visualize a "malteaser!"

I'm going to bet that this is what we call malted milk balls: chocolate covered malted milk candy balls.

Gianni
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Quote:

You are correct Gianni. The balls are larger than a standard marbel. The whole effect easily fits in your pocket and would be suitable for closeup, parlor or stage. I've been driving everyone crazy today with this.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Prince, Chris, Mystification, and Paul:

Thank you for your responses to my query regarding size!

I get the idea. I grew up on "Malted Milk Balls"--but those were the days when I could go to the movies and see a double-feature for 14 cents, buy the candy for a dime, and still have a penny left over from my 25 cent allowance!!

Tom
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-03-12 17:15, juan king wrote:
This is being a very clever methods that uses no magnets, no electrics, no threads or strings, no sounds, no sleights of hands, no dropping a extra ball halfway through and no colours of glowing balls or anything like that.

The spectators doing the routine with you will never be finding out the secret even if they are talking to each other afterwards.

Even with the "sack jiggling" (LOL), there are at least two other methods I have thought of that will work without the use of magnets or the other methods Juan mentioned.

My question, for those who know the method for Oddball, is:
Do you need to hold onto the bag at any time during the selection process?
For me, that is the litmus test.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3021 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Arnon,

that's a good question! If you can do this without holding the bag, it is a miracle! I for one would be interested in this if that is possible!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4444 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
No, you do not need to hold the bag. If you wanted, you can pull the draw string bag closed and toss it out into the audince, which is in fact what I did the last time I performed. If anyone who has this doesn't know how they can do this, PM me
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3021 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
You sold me on this one, I will have to get it now!
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Yup..me too..gotta buy it.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
NOW, I'm interested! I have a presentation for kurotsuke (different method, as I also don't like having to take a chance that the first spectator chosen will actually have the black ball) that involves performing it one time right after another, the first time a sucker presentation where you expose the method (no magical secrets really exposed, so no flaming, please) - can this be repeated immediately? Thanks -

Bill
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
So we are saying yes on Odd Balls?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4444 Posts

Yes it can be repeated immediately
www.magicman13.co.uk

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Chris, I know what you meant but what I was talking about was over all, is this a great effect that every performer should own?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4444 Posts

Sorry Paisa, I was replying to Bill's post. No, not every performer should own this, as not every owner will like it, use it, present it right etc. Some people will buy it and not like it. Others will buy it and love it and use it. Again, its a marmite effect. Love it or hate it. It works for me, I might not work for anyone else
www.magicman13.co.uk

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks Chris.
skullmaster
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of skullmaster
I have a question about Oddball. I have just purchesed it and think it's a great effect, however, I have a question about the workings of it. Obviously, I can't go into the workings on here so......is there anyone on here that uses Oddball that can PM me please.

Much appreciated.
Ade
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
Mmmm. I really don't like giving reveiws, one mans poison etc. I have this and I have to say that the subtlety is just a little too subtle for me. I just can't get the 'difference' (those who own it will know what I mean). Will I use it? Absolutley. The principle involved is IMO brilliant and well worth the money. This could have been dressed up with a lengthy presentation and sold as a PDF for more than the current asking price and I would still be extreamly happy with my purchase. Hats off to Marc, I would have kept it to myself. Christopher I have pm'd you, sound interesting.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
A bit too subtle, huh? Hmmmmm...would you say it's too subtle in a way that could cause the performer to blow the effect? One poster on here indicated they felt it was impossible to mess up. What's your take?
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Does the bag need to be handled by the performer? and can everything be examined, as when I've performed Max's version people have made assumptions, right or wrong, so this does sound like an excellent improvment!

Best wishes,
Col
Epiphanies by C. - Now available - http://colincloud.com/colleagues/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Odd Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL