The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Underground Jam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks Darrin - I appreciate your comments very much.

Andy
Cards never lie
kytmagic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of kytmagic
Can someone make a comment on Eric's Cap in Bottle? It was hyped by the creator to be the perfect CIB in one of the threads, yet I have seen no mention of it by any of the reviewers. Did it make it on the DVD?

Thanks to anyone who responds!
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
[quote]On 2007-03-18 16:05, kytmagic wrote:
Can someone make a comment on Eric's Cap in Bottle? It was hyped by the creator to be the perfect CIB in one of the threads, yet I have seen no mention of it by any of the reviewers. Did it make it on the DVD?

Yes it did make on to the Dvd, Its a good effect there all good effects. Eric explains several handlings for his cap in water bottle. I liked it, But I don't know many cap in bottle tricks (just so you know ).
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
I have the DVD and I love it. I wouldn't say that I'm going to use all the material on the DVD but some stuff immediatly caught my eyes.

The Visa Card routine fooled me and I instantly made it and have been using it since.

I plan on learning the Shy Guys routine but that will definatly take some practice.

I liked Jacked Up as well.

The cap in watter bottle is nothing revolutionary, but still solid. I prefer Prohibition though.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Hey everyone... I've been getting a lot of feedback about Jacked Up on this and other forums as well as via email. I just wanted to again say thank you for your enthusiasm about this effect. It seems to have hit home with quite a few magicians, so I thought you'd be interested in a blog entry that discusses the history of the effect a little.

Just click on my website in my signature below; then click the "blog" tab. The entry is entitled "Elusively Jacked Up." If you don't see it on the first page, just search for the title, and you should find it.

Thanks again for the support and positive comments.
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
After saying Jeff is a big man who isn't saying very much in my review at the beginning of the thread I am now saying he is a BRILLIANT GUY! Sometimes it is the quieter man who is doing more than the noisy one.

I have been watching the DVD again and is changing my mind about him, he is a brilliant magician and man. His tricks are well thinked about and have been refined by years of doing it.

His blog is taking negative feedback in the chin and is being amused by it. He is a very nice person too. So sorry for saying you are quiet. You are good now. You can be making fun of yourself too which is a good qulaity when you are a magician rather than being too serious all of the time.

But there is one of the other men on the DVD who sent me a nasty private mail that I apologised to. I won't say who it is but I do not think he is like Richard Sanders because he isn't a friendly man like Richard. My friend in the UK is saying this behavior is being 'arrogent'. I don't know what it is meaning but my friend says it is a good word to use.

I will buy a DVD by Jeff if he is releasing one on his own but not one of the other men who I am not saying who it is.

Well done Jeff, you has changed my mind by being a nice person and a good magics person too. But not well done to the other man I'm afraid, he will have to be trying harder for me to be liking him.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
I think is a really good dvd. there are a lot of tricks that I will perform, and a fantastic (i think) cap in plastic bottle.
I've bought it at $15.95 here
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Quote:
On 2007-03-13 18:10, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Hi Salby: As told Juan in that silly post of his - I hope he doesn't do comedy magic!! And, yes, how many books do you have to write before people spell your name correctly?! Anyway, thanks for mentioning it. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

I'm late to this post but I got a huge laugh from this. Thanks Harry for the smiles!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2007-03-20 14:04, Jeff_Mash wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-13 18:10, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Hi Salby: As told Juan in that silly post of his - I hope he doesn't do comedy magic!! And, yes, how many books do you have to write before people spell your name correctly?! Anyway, thanks for mentioning it. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

I'm late to this post but I got a huge laugh from this. Thanks Harry for the smiles!

You gotta give Juan some credit. He seems to have humbled himself, and he sent me a PM apologizing for his earlier comments. It's a good man who can humble himself and admit that his point of view may be off, or that there are other valid points of view.
crdshark86
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
238 Posts

Profile of crdshark86
Quote:
On 2007-03-13 10:28, Salby wrote:
Juan--

Get a life.... I don't care if you are the greatest magician on Earth or perhaps even a better teacher than Lorayne or Ammar-- Your attitude simply sucks!!!

I never saw this UNDERGROUND JAM, but even if I did, the material on it are irrelevant to the point I am making.

Obviously, you are sore about not being on the DVD... YOU picked your priorities, NOT Jay. And what is up with you bashing on people you do not even know-- Attacking them on things about their hair or "squeaky" voice or the size of their body are just showing your true colors.

As for your English Grammar.... That is what sucks!!! I don't care if it isn't your 1st language, or is. You are participating in an English-speaking forum... NOT a "Broken-English" forum. Show some class and simply proofread your thread before posting it or just show/email someone else who knows English to proofread it... Talk about insulting someone, huh?

(And by the way-- His name is "HARRY" Lorayne. Just look around. His proper spelling is all over this forum, let alone all over the internet. Please make any future corrections to stop your unneccessary foolish ignornance. Show some respect. Don't spell it as you did here (His correct spelling is even at this thread's subject line-- Now I think you are doing things intentionally to be disrespectful and plain out cruel)):

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4938979

Those 3 guys maybe cannot control there hair, voice or physical size. Who knows? Don't you have control of what you type into this forum??

You seem to be a sore loser based on your own decisions. Everything has consequences. I hope the wedding gig worked out for you, but please do not have a childish tangent and insult people you do not know-- Just keep your thoughts to yourself.

But having these anger outbursts could ruin opportunities for you in the future. I sure as hell would never want to buy anything of yours, let alone think people would use you to promote any effect.

People are vital to a magician's livelihood. You must love to work with people. This can be quoted by a ton of magicians-- Paul Harris and Kostya Kimlat to name a couple. If you have NO people (audience), what good is your magic?? I guess you can always impress yourself in the mirror... Maybe you are that type of person.

Insulting people as you did, to me, shows that you may have that quality of only liking people that you have control of.... You want to be better than the next person.... Perhaps you have that notorious quality as being a Magician is like being God... Be careful.

I do hope you take a good look at yourself and decide who you are and what you want to do with your life.... Because you are ONLY insulting yourself. GROW-UP!!!

I love how some of the Café ppl get so worked up about small things. You don't need to fry the poor guy- he was merely giving his opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but don't put the guy on the roast!
Ask me about Dan Harlan's Jam Sessions!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6971 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Well, he was put on the roast because he made comments that were rude pot shots. Calling people fat and talking about someone's "squeaky voice" isn't criticism, it's insulting. It's one thing to give a dvd a bad review based on valid valid criticism. It's another thing to to make childish comments.
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1147 Posts

Profile of Salby
Crdshark86--

Just making MY OWN Opinion also Smile
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
Reminds me of that old paradox...

'silence those who oppose freedom of speech'
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6971 Posts

I don't think anyone should be silenced. But if they dish it out, they should also be able to take it.
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
That's the point of the paradox Cameron! Read it again and contemplate.
crdshark86
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
238 Posts

Profile of crdshark86
Quote:
On 2007-03-28 16:46, Cameron Francis wrote:
I don't think anyone should be silenced. But if they dish it out, they should also be able to take it.

AMEN!

lol.

I'm totally FOR everyone giving their own opinion- as I said, what the guy says doesn't matter. I'm just talking in general. but neways, nothing to fight over...

:)
Ask me about Dan Harlan's Jam Sessions!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6971 Posts

I got the quote, Mike.

Anyway, how about that Underground Jam dvd? Some good stuff on there.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Quote:
On 2007-03-20 11:15, juan king wrote:
But not well done to the other man I'm afraid, he will have to be trying harder for me to be liking him.

PLEASE LIKE ME.... please....
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
There are some good stuff in the DVD, but some are a big dissapointment (in my opinion at least, so don't fry me).

Eg : a simple double lift 2 card transpo, but instead of 2 normal cards changing place, a blank faced card and a normal card transpose. I don't know but I feel that if there isn't any big name magician (eg : Sankey) supporting new faces, the public would have complained about stealing ideas, ripping off effects, quoting that the idea has been around since 100 B.C.

Nevertheless, the coin/card transpo, cap in bottle, twisting the aces routines are great
digiquick
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney
114 Posts

Profile of digiquick
For what it is worth, I enjoyed the enthusiasm and the fun that came from this DVD, it's not world class - but such nice people. Please support these magicians, they are your future. I have been in Magic for 50 years and now run Australi's top Magic Web Site. I will certainly stock this and to my customers here in Australia, if you do not get enjoyment and learn from this - then I will send you your money back.

Looking back on this thread, I feel saddened, Magic is supposed to bring joy and to be a thing of universal enrichment - Why do you all have to get so !@#$%y. Enjoy and encourage good people, who'm I know will not make a fortune from producing DVD's - give them encouragement.

A worthy effort with some great twists and idea's. Well worth your hard earnt cash. Watch out for these lads, I think they will suprise you all. They would be welcome here in Down Under Land

Happy Easter everybody - Go out and do a good turn, visit a hospital and bring your magic to somebody who doesn't have a visitor, do some magic Free for kids - Spread some laughter - God knows theres enough pain in this sad old world

Graham
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Underground Jam (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL