The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Underground Jam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
165 Posts

Profile of big dan
Yuo, Jacked up went straight into my performing repertoire! The flops? Well as is usual with Sankey DVDs there a few things on there that are ok, nothing amazing, but I don't there was anything that bad! A few of the effect Jay showed were nothing special but for a laymen they might be amazing.

There is definitely enough good stuff on here to keep you happy.

I was a little disappointed with Eric's final cap in bottle, he didn't even explain the method he used in the demo (although its not hard to work out).

Overall though, I liked this DVD and it was cheaper than most (i got it in Canada for around $20 I think). Good stuff!

all the best

dan
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Michael,

Thanks for the review and the feedback. As a working pro, I'm always looking for feedback and ways to improve my material. Having said that, you mentioned that you felt that "Coolest Ace Trick..." was "a bit flawed."

Please elaborate. I'd be very interested in your thoughts or ideas on improving the routine. I've had a lot of success with it, but it certainly isn't perfect, so any specific suggestions are definitely welcome.

Thanks.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Mr. Stone,

Maybe "flawed" was a wrong choice of word. The only thing that is quite minor that may need some sort of improvement is rearranging the "aces" in your hand. Could there be a better or smoother technique for it? I sometimes flash the dirty work at that stage, so maybe a cleaner way of doing it? Some sort of false count?

That said, I think your magic, along with Eric's, is the best of the bunch. Diamond's is lacking and not original enough (except for Visa Card. I love that!), Eric's magic is nothing but fun and yours is solid, rock-hard, cool, James Bond style magic which I love. To compare to vehicles, Diamond's magic is like driving a Saturn, Jay's magic is like driving a Ford Focus, Eric's magic is like driving a Volkswagen Beetle, and your's is like driving a Viper.

Thank hyou for your contributions to magic, and I hope I have managed to clear things up!

Michael Kras
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2007-07-01 13:34, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Mr. Stone,

Maybe "flawed" was a wrong choice of word. The only thing that is quite minor that may need some sort of improvement is rearranging the "aces" in your hand. Could there be a better or smoother technique for it? I sometimes flash the dirty work at that stage, so maybe a cleaner way of doing it? Some sort of false count?

That said, I think your magic, along with Eric's, is the best of the bunch. Diamond's is lacking and not original enough (except for Visa Card. I love that!), Eric's magic is nothing but fun and yours is solid, rock-hard, cool, James Bond style magic which I love. To compare to vehicles, Diamond's magic is like driving a Saturn, Jay's magic is like driving a Ford Focus, Eric's magic is like driving a Volkswagen Beetle, and your's is like driving a Viper.

Thank hyou for your contributions to magic, and I hope I have managed to clear things up!

Michael Kras

Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to admit that this part is my least favorite part of the trick. Although, I never have a problem with flashing because at that part of the routine, you are not supposed to be letting anyone see what you are doing. You tell them that openly and move back so they can't see the cards. All I can say is practice, practice, practice.

Thanks again for the feedback.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

You're welcome! I guess it is something we all have to live with if we perform Coolest Ace Trick. By the way, I finally get to meet Sankey! He's giving our small magic club a private lecture soon!

Nice talking to you Mr. Stone!

Michael Kras

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2007-07-02 22:08, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
You're welcome! I guess it is something we all have to live with if we perform Coolest Ace Trick. By the way, I finally get to meet Sankey! He's giving our small magic club a private lecture soon!

Nice talking to you Mr. Stone!

Michael Kras

Michael,

You're gonna love seeing Jay Live! He is just awesome, and seriously one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Thanks again for the feedback.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

I can't wait to meet him. He is my idol! Are there any newer Sankey products you can recommend, since he will be selling his products there? Is Beyond Secrets worth it? Do you own Twenty Years Of Magic? Thank you!

Michael Kras

jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2007-07-05 14:36, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
I can't wait to meet him. He is my idol! Are there any newer Sankey products you can recommend, since he will be selling his products there? Is Beyond Secrets worth it? Do you own Twenty Years Of Magic? Thank you!

Michael Kras

Beyond Secrets is awesome. If you really want to start "thinking" about your magic and really understanding your relationship with magic, then there is no better book than beyond secrets. I also have 20 years of magic. I like it simply because it's got a lot of his old ideas, and it's very nostalgic for me because I "grew up" on sankey's old material.

I'd say that the top 10 sankey products are:
1. Real Work on Restaurants and bars
2. Front Row Sankey
3. Jay Sankey Live
4. Killer Key
5. Sankey's Secret Files (2 dvds)
6. Beyond Secrets
7. Revolutionary Coins
8. Boris Pocus
9. Wrap it Up
10. Supernatural
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Michael,

I just noticed your tagline "Altering Reality." I love it. So when is the Sankey Lecture? By the way, I meant to tell you that I do have 20 years of magic (although I thought it was 25 years of magic). It's worth owning. It's basically all of his lecture notes in one book. There are some great ideas in there.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Hey guys,

I know this is an olllllllld thread, but it seems that there are quite a few Underground Jam fans here, and dare I say, Jeff Stone fans here.

That being said, I thought you'd be interested in knowing that my effects from Underground Jam are now available as instant downloads.

Those five plus 5 other bonuses (including 2 e-books and 3 more performance videos) are available for only $10.00 . . .

That's $10 bucks for all 15 instant downloads (8 performance videos, 5 explanation videos and 2 ebooks).

Check it out at Stone Cold Magic
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
I can't seem to find my copy of this dvd but found some old notes of tricks of planned on performing in closeup sets. I found "solo" written a few times and can't for the life of me remember what the premise is. Can anyone please enlighten me? I think its the effect Solo from this dvd! Feel free to PM me as well!
"The Great Danedini"
www.DaneDini.com
@DaneDini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Underground Jam (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL