The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Does this style of packet wallet exist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Hey, I'd like to be able to fit two separate packet routines into a small wallet. However here's the thing though, each of those packets will need to switched out for ungaffed versions, so basically I need something with four sections that looks like it only has two. Is there a name for the sort of wallet I'm looking for? It doesn't have to be used for a real wallet or anything. If it has extra features, I wouldn't complain, but what I really need it for is to handle two different packet tricks, each of which can have ungaffed cards swapped in. I don't mind if it means I have to load the gaffed cards, set the wallet aside, and then pick it up again later to remove the ungaffed versions, I can live with that shortcoming.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
The Himber wallet.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Thanks Josh, I must have been misinformed when I asked about this elsewhere. The Himber Wallet can really handle four packets (two sets of two)?
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
The Himber wallet I have can be used to switch items. You open it one way, and you can have a packet trick on the left side and another on the right. You can use it to switch those out for ungimmicked cards.

Of course styles will vary on these, some will be more elaborate and look like a real one, some will be more simple, like the one I described.

Shop around and find the one that works for you.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Thanks for clearing that up, I appreciate it. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage in that I'm in Asia right now. Most of the stuff I'm browsing online is unclear as to whether or not it can handle what I'd like. Can you make a recommendation of a product?
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
The only one I have is a vinyl one that I picked up at my local shop for a $1 when they were clearing out the back, don't remember who makes it.
Bob Cassidy has a nice one that appears to be leather, I'm not sure who makes it though. Someone else here might be able to recommend one.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Erlandish,

You need a bigger himber wallet. There are some recommendations here, just use the search function. The price varies strongly, depending on the quality of the wallet. Jerry O'connel has great products, but they are not the cheapest ones around - again, guality has its price.

Check out also -
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=41
Cards never lie
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
313 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
You might also want to check out Michael Ammar's Showcase wallet, which matches perfectly to your description. It's on his personal website I think.
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
You could try making up a Kismet* Envelope out of a large manila coin envelope and keep all the cards in it.

With it you could keep Packet Trick A in the envelope separate from Packet Trick B. You could then also have the ungaffed duplicates of both Packet Trick A and Packet Trick B in the envelope as well (although these regular cards would have to be in a packet together – for example, if Packet Trick A contained 3 cards and Packet Trick B contained 4 cards, the ungaffed cards would be in an area containing 7 cards.) But due to the construction of this envelope you can instantly and effortlessly remove any of the packets you desire and possibly casually flash the envelope as empty (depending on how many cards you are using).

*Kismet Envelope credited to Norman Houghton and explained in Ted Lesley's Paramiracles or PM me if you are not familiar with one.
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Does this style of packet wallet exist? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL