The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The gods have spoken.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
NEW YORK — Media conglomerate Viacom Inc. (VIA) said Tuesday that it was suing Google Inc. (GOOG) and its Internet video-sharing site YouTube for more than $1 billion over unauthorized use of its programming online.

The lawsuit, the biggest challenge to date to Google's ambitions to make YouTube into a major vehicle for advertising and entertainment, accuses the Web search leader and its unit of "massive intentional copyright infringement."
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27122 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
They probably just want to be bought by Google.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
This can only be a good thing for us concerned with protecting our magic. I see lots of unauthorized exposure magic doing a vanishing act from YouTube soon.

Best,

Tim
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
All about money - they will settle it somehow . . .
Cards never lie
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27122 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Sorry folks, at BEST it might help rid the place of clips taken from SOME copyrighted material.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-03-13 21:27, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Sorry folks, at BEST it might help rid the place of clips taken from SOME copyrighted material.

At the very least it will set some kind of precedent in this age of "download this" and " upload that" with no regard for copywrite issues. In the " sue happy " environment we live in...... I think the safety bubble many of these sites feel they are operating under will burst when they learn they may be held accountable for their hosting practices.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The gods have spoken.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL