We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Messed up manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2732 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Speaking of major mishaps, I remember one where I couldn't go on. This happened about 20 years ago. I had a large cylinder/table where I threw all of my items as I finished with them - I had silk display fans from Japan and a Silk King Studios Blendo in that can. I also had two Harakhan Canes and a couple other items.

I got to the part of my act where I did a little bit of cigarette manipulation and had a fickle fire cigarette pack where the pack lit on fire and I used it to light the cigarette. I then closed the lid of the pack, extinguishing the flame. I then would toss the pack into my canister along with all my other stuff.

Well, one night I guess I was extra careless and didn't close the pack all the way when I tossed it in the canister. I was doing a linking ring routine when I looked over and saw smoke billowing out like a chimney. My keen mind immediately figured what had gone wrong. The only thing to do was take a bow, grab the canister and walk quickly off stage. I think everyone knew a mistake had been made.

All my items were burned up, but the manager at the restaurant where I was working gave me $100.00 to help with the costs of replacements. That's the part I remember the most - the kindness of the manager.

Ron
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Chances are the audience doesn't realize it's not a part of your show. The best make the best out of their mistakes and work through it.
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Messed up manipulation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL