The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » Drinking Contest Cheats (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
***This question is about the HISTORY and DOCUMENTATION of people who have been able to consume large amounts of adult beverages or cheat at doing so to win a contest. I am not looking to actually do this or advocate doing this, I am only looking for stories to tell while doing an any drink routine.**

Does anyone have information on drinking bets, contests etc? Ways of cheating at these things or other methods cheats have used.

***Again, I do not advocate binge drinking, alchoholism etc.***
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm not sure if you want ways to drink a lot without getting drunk or how to chug a beer quickly. I can tell you that if doing a chug contest with a can of beer; put a hole in the bottom and cover it with your finger, then toss the beer can back, release the hole, and the beer will shoot down your gullet. This is similar to the beer bong idea.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Guinness dropped drinking records from their records book many years back due to litigation concerns. But Wikipedia has some information here on previous speed drinking records:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_game
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Whoa, Santa.

I'm just barely legal to drink, and hadn't heard of this before. That was amazing.

-Dustin
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It works well eh? I was in the Navy and shooting back beer for speed was a regular event for us.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
You have to poke a hole in the bottom, put your mouth on the hole then release the tab on top. That's how you "shotgun" a beer. I've been involved in, and watched many drinking contests. The only real cheating I've seen is people who spill too much on purpose. Usually it's pretty obvious and the person is disqualified.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I remember a Ripley entry about a guy who was to become either leader of his tribe or head of an office. In order to do it, he had to drink out of this really large cup and consume the entire thing in one go!

Since I don't remember the reference, I'm hoping someone else can remember this bit of trivia.

Of course, there should be plenty of stories regarding Oktoberfest SOMEWHERE!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
When they started the draft around 1980, I went down to the post office to register and met a couple of old grammar school friends. We decided to skip out and head to a new bar that opened recently boasting of having something like 80+ different types of bottled beer.

We made a deal to try as many different brands as possible and the person who drank the most would win 25 bucks from each guy. There were three of us. The bar-maid heard our bet and when the other two guys went to shoot pool I asked her to keep feeding me the different domestic brews and those guys the imports.
They never put two and two together and I ended up winning 50 bucks, wasn't drafted and got the bar-maids number.

Good times

If you get the bartender in on a bet and use your imagination you could pretty much clean up. Just map it out beforehand.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Lambertmoon, no on was drafted. The draft ended in 1973 and there has been an all volunteer military since then. This may keep you from being that guy in Stripes who said "I joined the Army to avoid the draft" Sargent says "they ended the draft years ago" unbright fellow "they had one?".
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
You're right Magic Santa. At that time there was real talk of starting it up again with the Russians invading Afghanistan and the hostages in Iran. The first step was registering everyone. It was a long time ago but I remember us being very close. Kind of like today.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
LOL! I love that part in Stripes. "There was one?"

Lambertmoon, I remember doing that as well. It was registering for the Selective Service. I had to go down and register on my 18th birthday, even though I had already signed a contract with the Marines and was going to Boot Camp in two weeks!
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
They still made you register? Military intelligence I guess.

I briefly toyed around with enlisting. Sometimes I regret it, sometimes I don't.

The Marines are hot after my 17 yr old now. We get at least one call per week from one of the branches of the military.

Vandy-were you part of the Grenada invasion in 83? If not, I'm sure you or Magic Santa have some drinking stories to get this thread back on track.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
No, I was still in High School in 83. Whew, I can imagine what it would be like to have a son of military age right now. Scary times.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I got ya beat Vandy, I was in Beirut Lebannon (yes, I was in the Middle East when being in the Middle East wasn't cooooool) and got a threatening letter that if I didn't register with selective service I'd be in trouble. The military did not and does not have anything to do with selective service registration. I was in The Fauklands as an 'observer' during that war and Beirut, I actually witnessed, from a distance of course, the first American being kidnapped for those of you who remember that, he was also the last guy released. I was also involved with some things in Central America and the Carib.

There is nothing wrong with serving in the military. I've run into more people who regretted not service than I have those that didn't find value in it. Just think about what you want and which branch is likely to deliver it. I never considered anything beyond Navy as I wanted to work with Mr Limpett.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I did beer bongs once in my life, the night before we pulled out for an I. O. cruise (this was just a few days after the Marine barracks in Lebanon was bombed). Hauling in lines with a hangover is no fun.
We hit some lovely ports including one in Somalia. We had to sit off the coast for three days as the tug boat Capt. was drunk on bathtub gin.
I quit drinking about 10 years ago. I don't miss it.
My 18 yr. old son is presently serving in The Marine Corps.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Lost some friends in that bombing. What ship were you on? At that time I was on the USS New Jersey BB62. Congrats to your son, he has joined a brotherhood that will last a lifetime.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I was on USS Sierra AD 18, a repair ship.Sorry about your loss.We were in the area for 6 months working on tne frigates and destroyers. I pray for my son daily ( he turned 19 on April 23rd ) and I have a great respect for those in the Marine Corps.
Sorry for the hijack JonathonMC.As far as cheating at chugging I can't help you.I just opened my gullet and poured.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I was on AS 33....figure that'n out sports fans.
chappers
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of chappers
Might not be completely on the point but I recently read an article about the legendary drinking prowess of Andre the Giant at the Modern Drunkard website. http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html. Might be of interest.

chappers
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Quote:
On 2007-05-04 04:23, chappers wrote:
Might not be completely on the point but I recently read an article about the legendary drinking prowess of Andre the Giant at the Modern Drunkard website. http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html. Might be of interest.

chappers

This is worth reading!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » Drinking Contest Cheats (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL