The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Perfect Nit Wit sighting in UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
"Stealing" how? Like the Italian immigrants, the Irish before them, or the Germans. By the time the third generation rolls around, their blend into our culture is less glaring. Notice how the Native Americans blended in.
POOF!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Because of Australia's isolation and lower profile we tend to get immigrants who choose to come here because they like the existing culture. Our politicians would be emmigrating themselves if they let our immigration policy substantially change our culture.

Looking at the USA from outside, I think your biggest problem is way beyond your control - so many people see you as some sort of Holy Grail (just like the song in Westside Story). Not just poor people but wannabes for Hollywood, Wall St, Silicone Valley etc (Antipodean media moguls). Like going to Heaven - no one thinks about how they'll fit in, whether they'll get by with their current language skills etc - just get yourself to Paradise and the rest will follow.

Of course, life ain't like that.

Destiny
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Not to mention all those who want to come here just to shake my hand.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Doesn't that make you drop the cards?

:lol:
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yeah Josh...answer that one...because we know where your other hand is...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Perfect Nit Wit sighting in UK (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL