The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Www.CardTricks101.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3331 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I received two emails today touting the above website and 'free' access to a load of stuff and forums etc.

Anyone else?

I haven't signed up yet in case I get bombarded with a load of junk and spyware etc.

What's it all about?
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
I created a dummy yahoo address and signed up.

Next page it takes you after signing up reads:

WAIT will...
Before You Continue To The Members Area...
(You're only going to see this page once (ever),
so please read every word very carefully.
It's that important.)

"Who Else Wants To Get Their Hands On
This Secret Bonus Package Of The Hottest Magic Videos & Books Available Anywhere
On The Internet...

... Get A Real Magic Education & Amaze Everyone With Mind Blowing Magic
Tricks Starting Today?"

If You Answered "Yes, I Do!" To The Above Question, Then Read Every Word On This Page, I Guarantee You Will Be Shocked At The Value I'm Giving You...

(Scroll to the bottom of this page to skip this offer and enter the members area)

From the desk of Gary McCaffrey
Time: Sunday 4:51pm

Dear will,

Some weeks ago, I took a friend who was interested in learning card magic into my home. As I was chatting away, telling him the basic fundamentals of learning magic, he interrupted me to comment on the collection of magic videos, DVDs and books on my shelves.

He asked how long I'd been collecting them for, and then asked how much it had cost to build the collection, as you can probably imagine, I hadn't added it up before.

I told him that a collection like mine was really unnecessary, but that there are some classics that every magician should study. He wanted to know about what props and gimmicks I used, and which one's he should purchase. Now although two of the drawers in my dresser are overflowing with the *** things, I recommended he didn't buy any, and instead learn basic sleight of hand techniques.

After he had gone, I was intrigued about his question earlier, and wanted to know how much I'd spent on learning magic, so I got a calculator and started doing some math...

It turned out, that over the past seven years, I had spent almost $4500 on videos and over $1500 on books. Not mentioning what I have spent on gimmicks and other props, it came to $5837.

That's exactly $833.85 every year. Most of the videos went over much of the same material, and 95% of the stuff that I actually used came from about 5% of what I had.

... there really was no need!

To save you the time and money I spent learning magic, I wanted to put together an all-in-one source, the go-to place to learn anything you want to learn. An ever expanding source of magic teaching material, and the Ultimate Guide to Sleight of Hand & Card Magic Mastery!

CardTricks101 Was Born!

Despite what the name implies, and although the main focus is teaching card magic, you will find material on all aspects of magic inside. Saving all magic enthusiasts $1000's and making it as simple and hassle free as possible for people to learn.

Learning magic can be an expensive hobby...

...now its not!

Learn Every Card Trick & Sleight You Are
Ever Likely to Need & Become a Master of the
Art of Card Magic In No Time!

As a CardTricks101 GOLD member you will find a complete library of magic books, articles and videos, teaching you tricks, sleight of hand, and techniques that will make your performances unforgettable!

Here's some of what you'll discover inside:

Huge Expanding Library of Classic Magic Books

You may never have to buy a magic book your whole life. You will get a complete library of books from some of the most acclaimed magic authors in history, these are the same books today's top professional magicians used to learn the tricks they amaze audiences with all over the world. You will start learning from these same sources today...

Some more information is listed and then asks you for $47.00 to join.

Signed,
Gary McCaffrey.

Once you decline the offer it takes you to a second page offering one last chance.

It offers ebooks:
Tarbell
Bobo's
Royal Road
202 Methods of forcing

I declined the offer again and it took me to a "Now you are a free member page"

I can now view videos on:
Bottom Control
Double undercut
false Cut
Injog shuffle
Glide
Cross cut force
Slip cut force
Topsy turvey force

And free ebook access to "Expert at the Card Table"

Hope that tells you something.

Will//
(too much time on my hands)
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
592 Posts

Profile of luvisi
For free ebooks, I recommend The Learned Pig Project.

There are also some decent illustrated card trick tutorials at Practice Not Included.

Andru
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3331 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Nice one blink! Maybe it should be called "Room101" then? Cos that's where it's going! Suspected as much - Thanks ever so much for your trouble! Smile

Learned Pig is the way to go!
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
No prob.

Is that Eric Estrada from CHIPS on the Learned Pig site?
Wow does it ever look like him.

Will//
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
Mark Fifield
View Profile
New user
Barrie, On
51 Posts

Profile of Mark Fifield
THanks for the info blink and the info on learned pig thanks again
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Www.CardTricks101.com (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL