We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Routining Ideas for Borrowed Bill To Impossible Location (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Hey guys (and gals),

Just saw all the different posts about borrowed and burned bill and thought maybe we couldcontribute some one-liners and funny situationalcomdy which would go well with this type of routine. Here are a few I've heard over the years. I'm not sure who to give credit to (H. Anderson, Seabrooke, etc), but would like to hear what others you use that go over well. I've gathered some from the Café and other sources as well. Alas, here is my list...

(After Bill is burned, gather the ashes and dump them in an empty envelope and say “ Now John, here’s what I want you to do. I want you to take this envelope and go to the Central Bank. Explain to them that you lent this bill to a magician who made a small miscalculation….” “Yes, the Central Bank does have a little special section which caters to magician-related incidents.” ****, they should know me by my first name by now.”

((After they sign the bill))
Magi: Do you know what you’ve just done?
Spec: No!
Magi: You’ve just committed a federal offense!

Borrow a $50 or $100 from an audience member. After you burn it say ”Don’t worry, I’ll give you your $20 back after the show”, and keep downplaying it, until it’s only a $5 or $1.

“Just sign it there. That way, when I get home, I know who gave it to me....”

“Who gave me this bill?” Pocket it and say Thank You!

((Right after burning the bill, say: Well, John, at least you’ve learned something important today…..If you give your money to a magician, he’ll do something stupid with it.”

“Are you worried” If yes, “Yeah, me too”. If no, “Good, there’s no sense in both of us worrying”

(When taking out lighter to burn envelopes, Have the spectator touch it and say..) ”Here, rub this lighter with your finger., it will help you to lose weight. ((Wait a beat)) then say “Is it working? - don’t you feel a little lighter??”

((After burning someone’s $20, and realizing it is gone, say….) “Anyone have a $50? I never screw it up with a $50….

((After giving the lighter to the spectator to set the envelopes on fire, you can then blame him for the bill being lost. Can say things like)…” Do you always do what people tell you to do?”

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Nothing?
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Hi Robert,
Maybe nobody has replied because you covered all the good lines?

Here is my input/question. I have never liked the idea of borrowing a bill, then burning it (and having to come up with a gag), because I don't like creating that discomfort for the audience member and creating a bit of a barrier between performer and audience. Certainly, the audience member probably knows he will get his/her bill back (because of the attitude of the performer), but it really doesn't fit my style (or at least what I want my style to be, which is polite, fun, entertainer). So, I struggle with creating a reason to get rid of the bill, to have it reappear somewhere else later. Currently, I use Whit Haydn's Teleportation Device-great premise: I am going to teleport your bill. I would like to create another routine with the same effect (bill to fruit), with a bit of a different premise (that would not require the T-device (as an option for different shows). The question, then, is, why does the bill vanish/burn and what to say when that happens? One could just say "I fold it very small (or crumple it or whatever) and it VANISHES!"-boring. One could switch it for a smaller denomination (mistake, trying to increase the value), but then what to say? My current thought is along the lines of Cody Fisher's routine (Bet Your Bucks)-I will borrow it for a little game-it gets placed aside and the smoke goes up for a bit, during which the bill is loaded and switched before the final revelation. Cody's technique is very creative and effective, but I am trying to simplify things and come up with other premises.
John
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

John,

Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it!

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1221 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
A couple of oldies I use:
Do you know why I have you sign the bill? So you can identify it in the unlikely event you ever see it again. (always gets at least a chuckle)

After trick "fails" -- for my next minor miracle, I need to borrow a diamond watch. Did anyone bring a diamond watch with them today
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Routining Ideas for Borrowed Bill To Impossible Location (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL