The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Where can I find this amazing trick? (performed by Luis de Matos) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Hello.

Several years ago Luis de Matos made a spectacular magic trick with a paper bag.
He showed what it seems to a completely empty paper bag, he showed it empty to the audience, and then when he reaches the bag he produced a large glass full of real beer!!

My question is where can I learn such amazing illusion!

Thanks!
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
It reminds me of a similar trick which is the fish bowl production. I think they sell it at magicsmith.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
It is not a beer or a fishbowl, but take a look at "Dream Bag" also.

It allows you to show a paper bag empty and then take out three very substantial looking "crystal boxes" which you set aside, one on top of the other, and they are as tall and empty bag.

I do this with a variety of other items too, incuding 3-4 smaller clear boxes and lots of spring flowers, and some silks.

The bag can be examined at the end. It has no holes through it. I think mine came from Black Hat magic in Japan.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
BroDavid, I know about the spring flower production.
But this one is a large glass of real beer.

Anyone?
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
I know it's not the same thing, but it sounds similar to Eugene Burger's Shotglass Surprise. (With the obvious difference, of course, between a full-sized glass and a shotglass.)
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hi Bro David,
Black Hat magic is actually a Taiwan company.
Really nice owner too.
cheers,
James

Quote:
On 2003-01-16 15:21, BroDavid wrote:
It is not a beer or a fishbowl, but take a look at "Dream Bag" also.

It allows you to show a paper bag empty and then take out three very substantial looking "crystal boxes" which you set aside, one on top of the other, and they are as tall and empty bag.

I do this with a variety of other items too, incuding 3-4 smaller clear boxes and lots of spring flowers, and some silks.

The bag can be examined at the end. It has no holes through it. I think mine came from Black Hat magic in Japan.

BroDavid
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
hat trick
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of hat trick
You probably witnessed Richard Osterlinds "Challenge Glass of Water Production". It can be found in his book "Three Miracle Routines" and seen on his "Challenge Magic" video. The routine has been performed by several top names, such as Paul Daniels. Anything Richard releases is well thought out and top notch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Where can I find this amazing trick? (performed by Luis de Matos) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL