The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Huron Low's "Fire In The Hole" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
I just had the privilege and pleasure meeting Huron Low in Hollywood a few days ago to produce and shoot his sensational DVD 'Fire In The Hole' which experience I like to share here with you. Huron is not just an incredible smooth and graceful flourisher (he can do a complete Sybling in 'one' second...No kidding. I counted: 21' DONE!) but also an extraordinary gifted and humble card magician and human being. His ACR (Ambitious Card Routine) is simply fabulous...He fooled me over and over again and I mean with really only one card and no DL's LOL ! His pass is the smoothest and most deceptive I have seen in years and I have seen quite few. He does it with a face up deck and you don't see a thing...just the top card changing! Anyhow, back to Topic: Huron came up with 5 brilliant Torn and Restored card effects which are going to be on his new DVD. The highlight is his flash restoration using a pyro paper 'granade' called 'Fire In The Hole'. He offers the original plus 2 varations of this effect which are instant killers and magician foolers. Here the scenario of version 3 which is my favourite: The magician produces a little booklet reading 'Time Bombs' which he hands to a spectator. A card get's 'freely' selected (yes, no force) and signed on the back top and bottom by 'two' spectators. The magicians writes the date and time on the face, produces an exacto knife and clearly cuts out one of the signatures leaving a large hole in the card. The spectator varifies that it's his (signature) and the magician puts (the cut out piece) it in his pocket. He opens the small 'Time Bombs' booklet, takes out a 'pyro granade' and places it over the cut out hole with the missing signature, produces a lighter and ignites the pyro which literally fuses and restores the card with the missing signature in a flash. The card is handed out immediately for examination....Instant Death !
I taped Huron doing it on Hollywood Blvd. and the guy who's signature got restored was so floored that he followed us like a Zombie (and yes he was sane and not a Hollywood weirdo...at least before the effect) He just couldn't conceive what just happened (to him)...This is really a refreshing an innovative take on the T&R principle and high caliber magic; something David Copperfield or Cyril would choose to perform. Actually, I was looking for a great T&R effect for my up-coming show and couldn't find the right one until now...'Fire In The Hole'
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Hey Silvio! It's Vincent! :-D

I must agree, "Fire in the Hole" is AMAZING! And so are Huron's magic and flourishing skills! :-D

I hope all goes well! :-D

-Vince
"Living is easy with eyes closed."
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Hey Vince! What an incredible week it was awesome to have had you there bro.!
When McDonalds sees the footage we did there they are gonna hire you and Huron for a commercial...hahaha. I posted the above just to express my sincere joy and pleasure I had working with Huron and you. It is not my intention to create a hype for his DVD, like it is known in the magic community because but my sincere expression of joy and fun we had doing pure magic. I don't know if I should say this but I don't care...Did you know that Paul Harris wanted to buy one of Hurons T&R (It's called the Hot Spot) effects to put in his book?! I do not have to say more...Huron is one of the fairest and ethical magicians I met in my career. Besides his awesome flourishes he remains down to earth and remains human after all. That is what creates the real magic...not 'just' the sleight of hand....
simply beautiful.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Huron is a genious, and FITH is still as exciting as it was 3 years ago.
That's pretty rare on the magic-scene, so it's obviously something refreshing.

This DVD is a must.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Thank you so much for your kind words, Silvio! Smile

I really enjoyed my day with Huron and you, I'm very glad that I met both of you! Smile

Yeah, you're right, after McDonalds sees that footage, they will have to hire us. Smile

I will certainly buy this DVD the moment it comes out, I really look forward to the release of the DVD! Smile

I hope all goes well! Smile

-Vince
magiCAD
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
166 Posts

Profile of magiCAD
Congratulations to Huron!

He sent me a clip back in the day of FITH. Truly awesome!

Best of luck on the project.
-Rich
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Oh wow thank you guys so much for the kind words!!! Wow... I did not expect this.
Silvio, thank you so much for the help with the production and your professionalism and patience with everything... especially that train. Haha, it was a pleasure to finally meet you and man did we have lots of fun... and I still stand by the fact that your crease idea is pure genius. Actually Paul Harris was just interested in including Hotspot inside his 10 dvd set but it didn't go further than that.
Vinnie C it's great to finally meet you as well... I had an awesome time jamming with you and once the footage of us is edited I'll send it to you!

I see the DVD out in about a month and a half now that filming is done. This is very exciting!
Thanks guys.

Huron
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Sweet man! I REALLY look forward to seeing that jam footage! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :-D

I REALLY look forward to the DVD also!!! I will buy it the DAY it comes out! :-D

-Vince
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Any video teaser coming up? I'd love to see it.

peace.
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
Wow, it's finally going to come out?

This has been a long time in th works...

Glad to see it finally materializing and coming to life!

(and too bad you didn't make it farther in towards the Midwest on your visit)

:)
- curt™
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QxCG7TB0-Yg
here is the teaser of Fire in the Hole.
Looks promising !
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
555 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
So is there a site where this is available?
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
The site will be http://www.HuronLow.com but it'll only be ready on the 22nd.
Thanks.

Huron Low
The T&R Project.

Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
807 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I just watched this DVD. Incredible - In many ways I think this is better than Guy Hollingworth's 'The Reformation'. It is also a lot easier to do as well... Congratulations to Hurow Low - he is a genius!

Joe
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
It got a very good review in "Genii" also, so props to H. Low!
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
Holy ****. This just floored me. Good stuff Huron. I can not wait to pick this up.
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Hey thanks for the awesome reviews!!
Yes I just read David Regal's review of my T&R Project in Genii and it seriously made my day.
Haha I am a bit late eh.
How I wish this was in the Tricks and Effects section and not in the card flourish section!!

Huron Low
The T&R Project.

soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
I saw this on D&D a while ago and forgot about how good it was.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Huron Low's "Fire In The Hole" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL