The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bright Ideas - Christopher Williams DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
"James's handling, although nice, I am not to keen on, and he credits the wrong people for this"

Chris, I credited Dave Carre and Gary for this one! Who did I miss?

James Brown
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Ummmmm...on the DVD I have you don't credit Gary or Dave. You credit Jean Hugard and Fred Braue for one move, Ed Marlo for another, and finally Darwin Ortiz. Unless there is another version of the DVD out there which credits them...not to worry though Smile Hope all is well my friend
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
In the lecture that was used to explain the effect I credited both Gary and Dave. Obviously Peter et al. decided that the origins of the effect predated them.

Either way, both Gary and Dave know I worship them both in equal measure!

JB
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-04-20 11:15, theboss wrote:
In the lecture that was used to explain the effect I credited both Gary and Dave. Obviously Peter et al. decided that the origins of the effect predated them.

Either way, both Gary and Dave know I worship them both in equal measure!

JB

As do I Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Again, many thanks for everyone emailing me expressing their thoughts on my DVD, it means a lot to me. I also want to applaud those trying to come up with their own variations, that is what Magic is all about, personalisation. If you have any experiences with these routines you would like to share I would love to hear them! Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Got this DVD today, and watching it for a second time. BEST DVD I've purchased in the past 2 years.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-04-28 19:44, DougNicols wrote:
Got this DVD today, and watching it for a second time. BEST DVD I've purchased in the past 2 years.

Very kind of you to say so Doug, glad you love it. What are your favourite routines? Have you tried any of them out?

How about anyone else? Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2251 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Everyone,
Let me start off by saying that I have been looking forward to this DVD for quite some time. I know Chris from chatting with him on MSN, but let me say that this DVD has everything and more. For all you card enthusiasts out there, this DVD has everything from practical moves to routines to effects. Chris does a good job in coveringe every aspect of the effect as well as credits the proper people.
My favorite routines are Sightseer, Queens Transpo, and Ungaffed Entourage.
I already added all 3 to my reportoire.
Anyways, this DVD is excellent, and I highly recommend everyone who wants to learn a bit of card magic as well as presentation tips and ideas to purchase this DVD.
You sure wont be disappointed. This DVD is one of the best purchases I have made.
Thanks Chris for sharing your card magic with us.

ALEX
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

You are very welcome Alex, thanks for the comments, means a lot to know you feel this way. I was show casing some of the routines at Bristol day of Magic and they went down very well, and I got some very respectable comments from some top name Magicians. There is more to come, and I will only get better!

Thanks again!
www.magicman13.co.uk

matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Ths really is a great dvd
I only hope chris doesn't resist too long before another top release.....
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
When does the 3 fly version come out?
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
I have to say that even though the effects are performed by an Arsenal fan, I still very much enjoyed the DVD, Good work Chris
alex
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Not too long Matt, got another release planned for very soon...!!!
Strolling Magician, the 3 Fly will come out soon, but not too long, within a few months I hope.
And thanks Alex, the fact they were performed by an Arsenal FC fan means they were that much better Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Is there a demo video of the 3 fly routine?
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Is there a demo video of the 3 fly routine?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Hi Strollingmagician, there will not be a demo of this effect. This should be out after my next release... http://www.magicman13.co.uk Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Haha! Sorry guys, have to clear something up. Over the past 2 weeks, 5 people have emailed or PMed me about an effect on the demo, that isn't on the DVD. The effect was, a spectator shuffled the cards, thought of ANY card, they didn't peek at one or write anything down, just thought of one, I pulled out out of the spread, got them to name their card, and it was their card they were thinking of. Afterwards they thought I was a god and called me a mind reader. This annoyingly impressed them more than anything!

I'll tell you the funny story of it. After I peformed a couple effects from them, we were ready to leave, I thanked them, and almost simultanouesly they said, can we see one more. So I sat back down, I thought the camera had been put away. As they had my attention back, they said to me, and I can remember it as if it had just happened, 'How do you do all that. It's amazing (Thankyou Smile)was is Magic, tricks, or flukes...' and I thought to myslef...flukes!!! I wish I could fluke half of what I did! Instead it's taken 16 years of my life to get the there!!! So I thought, I'd try something to proove they weren't flukes. So I got the girl to shuffle and think of a card, took the deck back and said think of any card. She did, I had no idea what it was. I spread through the deck, looked at the Queen of Hearts, and dismissed it. I picked up the 7 of diamonds. The two most common choices for a female to choose. She said 7 of Diamonds, I had a huge grin inside me and played it as if it was meant to happen. Russ told me he had caught some of it on camera, not all of it.
I expected to miss, and to say, see if they were flukes I would have got that....but for the first time that day...well...second technically but it seems no one with the DVD picked up on the first fluke, but for the first proper fluke, I hit! I didn't have to give the fluke speech, and instead, played it up huge, they thought I was amazing, and off I rode into the sunset...or my hotel room, one of the two!

So there you go to others who were curious as to what it was...most of my friends call me the fluke Magician, as I fluke sooo many times it is untrue. EVERY gig I have ever done, I have made up a story...then it worked, or just something happened that was amazing, that I couldn't do if I tried, but I just play up. It's horrible when they re-book you for another gig, then say...do that one you did before!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Here is a small review taken from the Billy McCoy website for the signed charity deck of cards plus loads and loads of bonuses.

Check out http://www.billymccoy.co.uk for more info and how to get a chance to win the deck, here is the review:

Team member and magician Andy Brinkworth has bought a copy for himself. This is what he had to say about it...

Bright Ideas – Christopher Williams:

One Pack of Cards – Lots of Ideas!

I received this with eager anticipation after having read so many great reviews and I was not disappointed! The standard of the tricks on here is excellent and Christopher’s teaching style is very good. The main point with his style is that he is not patronizing and the explanations flow very well.
So far I have only attempted one of the tricks shown here which is an ungimmicked version of Entourage by Gordon Bean (one of my favourite packet tricks!) This version allows me to complete the trick in an impromptu environment with an added kicker.
I can only add (as I haven’t seen all of the explainations) that if you enjoy card magic and have some pasteboard experience – buy this DVD now!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
I just got this DVD a few days ago based on the praise its received. It is in fact a great DVD filled with strong material. Some effects that stand out in my mind are Queens Transpo, Thought of Cards Across, and Ungaffed Entourage. Chris' "Repeat Sandwich" is also one of the best sandwich effects I've seen and will probably fool you the first time you see it. His ace cutting routine is great too, but I probably won't be using it as I already use one that I'm very satisfied with. However, if you're looking to add a strong one to your repertoire, this would be a great option.

Bright Ideas explains the effects thoroughly, so there won't be a lot head scratching when you watch the explanations. I like the fact each effect was performed in a restaurant for real people, so you get to see how they look and play for laymen. Overall, this is a great DVD and you'll find something (actually MANY things) that you can add to your arsenal. I would recommend this to intermediate-advanced card workers, because some knowledge of the pasteboards are needed. I haven't received Chris' Mindplay yet since I live overseas, but if it's anything as good as his Bright Ideas DVD, then I'm really looking forward to getting it! Great job Chris, and I hope a sequel to Bright Ideas is in the works...
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Wow! Thanks Jaybs, some very kind comments. I am glad you like the DVD. Being my first proper release to the Magic world, after my first book, I am very pleased with the out come and the response it has gained. I am surprised you picked out the Repeat Sandwich. It's one of my favourite effects, yet not many people have picked it out at all, I am glad you see it for what it is worth.

As for MindPlay, I ship worldwide Smile

And yes, there is a sequel to the DVD, however, it won't be called Bright Ideas 2 or something I don't think. I certainly have enough material to do a lot more DVDs, however, don't expect it to be released this year. I first have to find someone who would want to take the next project on...we will take it from there. Any questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

http://www.magicman13.co.uk
www.magicman13.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bright Ideas - Christopher Williams DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL