The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Help out a kid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I have a friend who's nephew is doing the following project and wants some people to participate:
Dear Friends:

My nephew Zach is 7 years old. As part of a school assignment he is doing a Flat Stanley project (http://flatstanley.enoreo.on.ca/), but in his case it is a "Flat Zach" project. The idea is to send "Flat Zach" around the world and see what comes back.

Most people send their Flat Stanley projects in envelopes and continue forwarding him from one place to another, chain letter style. But since Uncle Eric has a Transporter at his house, Flat Zach is being "beamed" around the world in the blink of an eye. In fact, he just "beamed down" to your house via this email (see Flat Zach below).

If you would be willing to help Flat Zach get back to Eugene, Oregon, your help would be very much appreciated. There are two ways you can help:

(1) Send a postcard from your part of the world with a brief note "from" Flat Zach about his visit to your city, state, or country. Zach especially loves postcards because he likes to collect stamps from other countries, like Canada, Germany, Sweden, England, Italy, Turkey, Australia, Japan, Brazil, you name it! If you'd like to send a postcard on behalf of Flat Zach, please mail it to:

Mr. Zach Cogswell
297 Irving Road
Eugene, OR 97404
U.S.A.

---------OR----------

(2) If you happen to have a Transporter of your own (and would rather not send a postcard), please cut and paste Flat Zach (see below) into an email and "beam" him back to Zach's mom (my sister) at:

Stampinpad@msn.com

Be sure to include a brief note about the place where Flat Zach has visited; tell us why your city or town is famous, or give us some interesting trivia about the place where you live! The whole idea is to be educational!

Okay, ready? ...Preparing the transporter coordinates... Here's Flat Zach:
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I forgot the picture of Zack
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I keep trying to get the picture of Zach to show up:

Click here to view/download attached file.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Thanks, Marvello. I don't know how to post pictures here. I'm kind of computer stupid.

Greg
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
The only problem is that you can't just download him and save it as a jpeg file (or whatever flat zach's format is).
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
The file that greg posted is a PDF, and when printed will make a larger flat zach than the photo I posted
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Help out a kid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL