The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Steve freeman wgere are you (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
I can't find nothing on steve freeman other than his dai vernon tapes I am dying to see what he looks like now or if he is even in magic any longer. any help would be greatly appreciated
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
I would like to know what has happened to him as well.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Here's the scoop I've collected to date on Steve.

Steve Freeman left public magic after the Vernon tapes were made. He went on to a very successful career as a top executive with Kinko's, where I believe he may have recently retired from.

Although not performing in public, guys like Pete Biro seem to see him now and then. Pete has commented a few times on Steve in the last year or so here on the Café.
Steve, like Persi Diaconis and a few other Vernon 'inner circle' types seem to not to seek much in terms of public profile (at least in the magic world), or feel the need to communicate regularly with other magicians.
Of that group it seems only Ricky Jay really continues a public profile in magic, all the while rejecting any interaction with other magicians outside of his very small circle.

It would be a dream for many card workers for Steve to either write a book, make a DVD, or even pop onto the Café as a special guest.
How great would it be just to sit down and have a cup of coffee with the guy?!

It's timely that you should ask, as the new Alan Ackerman DVD's are coming out on 'Expert at the Card Table'. Along with Ackerman and a VERY few others, Freeman remains one of the few folks ever who could/can do pretty much every move in the book perfectly.

One wonders if the folks that Steve interacted with on a daily basis in his Kinko's days actually knew he was one of the greatest card workers of all time!

So, as best we know Steve Freeman is retired and presumably enjoying life after a long business career. HOPEFULLY he still picks up a deck of cards every day, maintaining what were certainly among the best chops of all time.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Thanks silverking appreciate it
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Steve did retire from his job at Kinkos. I'm not sure if it was at the time of the Fedex buyout or not. He's doing financial consulting work (I believe he was the CFO at Kinkos). He shows up at a few magic functions, lectures, etc. but lays pretty low.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Steve freeman wgere are you (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL