The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Lean over forward (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nitemares666
View Profile
New user
Michigan
46 Posts

Profile of nitemares666
Has anyone heard of this ? one of my friend told me about it but I haven't heard of it . It's called lean over forward or lean over backwards any info will help if any thanks
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I think it is a levitation effect that involved the magician leaning over at an impossible angle of nearly 90 degrees! I think the effect is simply called, "The Lean"

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
If you are talking about a lean then it is not something that can be done on the street. Any of them that I have heard about would need to be done on stage. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
No, you are correct, The Lean is purely a stage effct.

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Sorry to disagree, but "The Lean" can be done almost anywhere IF you are willing to prepare the area in advance. Same with the "Lean-Over Backwards" levitation. Don't expect to go out to the playground and do it without a lot of advance preparation. These big shot TV performers have crews that prepare their sites for them (often in the dead of night) and they also go out themselves at night to check it out and make sure everything is ready for the TV video shoot. It's like they say in "The Prestige," you have to "live your art."
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Yes Spellbinder you are correct. My point is this is not an impromtu effect. I sure wish it was though.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
You certainly wouldn't want to carry/setup what it takes to use "The Lean" for street work...I wouldn't! Of course, you could just put that special something into the blacktop securely...

Steve
Daniel White
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Daniel White
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Good going, Daniel! Now maybe you young whippersnappers will listen to the old Wizard geezer.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

Daniel White
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Daniel White
Thanks spellbinder. Your quote from the Prestige is perfect.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Gang once again Just doing a rotuine outside Does not make it ste=reet magic. Street magic is the art of drawing a crowd on the street or outside but not at the grass at the end of your appartment building. Think working a festival in your local park and having to get paid by passing a hat. that's street magic and the lean just wouldnt make it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Nice idea, but again not impromptu at all.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I totally agree; this is not for lazy magicians. If, on the other hand, you live for your art, you have more energy and time than you know what to do with, and you can see how you could make this draw a huge crowd, attract media attention and generate lots of tips... you know who you are and what to do!
Professor Spellbinder

baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
Cyril takayama has used this leaning illusion in several clips I've seen on you tube. one of them is on a train or subway so I thought this trick might be somewhat impromptu. anyone know who the creator is or where to find this illusion?
Ken Sibley
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Ken Sibley
Many years back Fred Kapps had a reputation for performing "The Lean".
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 03:16, baggins321 wrote:
Cyril takayama has used this leaning illusion in several clips I've seen on you tube. one of them is on a train or subway so I thought this trick might be somewhat impromptu. anyone know who the creator is or where to find this illusion?

Hmm, they had prior access to the subway car to place their lights and camera... I wonder...

I believe this is the "Lean" and the area was prepped ahead of time.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
I think you all would be extremely interested in this. Go to "The Professor" and the first question will be about how Michael jackson does the 45 degree lean on stage live. Very very interesting.

http://smooth-criminal.com/
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Impromptu on Video. Come on guys doing a promo is on thing but if you guyds are going to believe in a Video let me know I'll have some real estate for sale for you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Lean over forward (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL