The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » You need to see this... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Note: This is a recommendation for a video. I humbly ask that it not be moved to any other forum as it deals exclusively with this group alone. Thank you.

Brothers and Sister Bizarrists,
For those of you who don't know Jim Magus you need to. Jim is a great bizarre entertainer. He has a number of books out and a video. The books are great. The reason for this post is for his video. This is the most well thought out and produced video I've ever seen (and my library hosts over 100 instructional magic videos).

The video starts off like a horror movie with a couple getting stranded on a lonely road on a dark and stormy night. They walk a 1/2 mile to a dark and forboding mansion to see if they can use the phone. They knock on the door and are greeted by their host Jim Magus. He invites them in and to their dismay the phone lines are out. Jim assures them that the condition is only temporary and will be rectified soon. Jim whiles away the time by entertaining his guests by showing them some of his prized curios.

The production value on this video is amazing and Jim shows neophyte and mage alike what is involved in "ENTERTAINING" with bizarre magick.

I highly recommend any and all who are now performing or interested in the sub-culture of magic known as Bizarre Magick to get this tape.

http://www.bizarremagick.com/jmagusproducts.html

I don't have any financial gain in the this video and paid for mine just like you will. I just believe it is worthy of recognition.

Enjoy!
Doug Byrd
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Hayze
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
83 Posts

Profile of Hayze
For the record, I believe the name of this is "The Magus Video."

Also for the record, I can't wait to own it.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I ordered mine already.
BTW,
Jim is very reasonable on postage.
Shipping to Taiwan was only $4.00.

Can't wait to see this!!!

Com'on people, support Jim and buy this video.
Cheers,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
I have it, and it is fun to watch over and over. You can watch a master at work, Beautuful effects. Great stories. Especially his routine with the runestones i find really amazing.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I'll check it out. My birthday's coming up. Sounds like a great present to myself. (Like I need an excuse Smile ).

Mark
What would Wavy do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » You need to see this... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL