The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Bender 2.0 (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I do not own one, and couldn't bring myself to buy the ones I saw advertised in that other country. But I have seen a QB2 and am left wondering, how can it be improved. It was a true Gem, I am using Coinvexed(MORE WITHIN MY MEANS BEING IN THE MILITARY) but do appreciate the simplicity of QB2
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Any news on the release date and in particular in the UK?
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
n_stirton
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of n_stirton
Hi guys,

I've not read through all posts in this topic yet, but I've heard of trouble with bending UK coins with the QB2. Can anyone comment?

Thanks in advance,

Neil
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
It will bend 1p, 2p(some people find this easier than others), 5p, 10p(some coins are harder than others) and 20p.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
The new coins (10p especially) with the horrible artwork on the tails side are almost impossible. Ask for a 1p or 20p (especially an old dull penny) as they bend like butter

See www.chrishurstmagic.com for a photo taken live during a performance
n_stirton
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of n_stirton
Thanks guys. Seems like the coins I would want to bend are 10p and 2p, but if that's to work I need to carry round a pocket full of coins that I know can be bent. Not very practical?!

Any tips on how I could identify coins ahead of time? Sounds like it's needed if I'm to purchase.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Simple... The 'traditional' UK coins all bend just fine (expect £1 & £2 coins). Plus the 50p puts a weird warp shape into the coin bend with the QB2

All the newer coins with the partial shield designs are all very difficult to bend.

So just look at the back design and decide if your gonna use it or not.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Any news on a launch?
UK dealers?
Price?
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
n_stirton
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of n_stirton
Thanks for the info bond19!
RayLum
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of RayLum
I was one of the first people John sent one to. I have been a big fan of John T Sheets Quantum Bender from the beginning! I have used Quantum Bender 1 then 2 and know I'm very impressed with the new 3! They are all "Workhorses" in the real world! I have used it in every condition and it always gets a huge reaction! What I'm really impress with is, I had a meeting with a CEO for a Industrial Show and on his desk inside a Plexiglas Case (he got custom made) is the bent quarter. You CAN'T get that with any other effect! It's a dam shame that I see some Close Up performers use the Knock Offs! Don't support those Overseas Knock Offs! Use only the Best! Good job John! Now I can't wait to get the Energy Bender!
Lum Entertainment Group presents Illusionist Ray Lum
KMD - Kustom Magic Design
www.kmdfabrication.com
www.illusionistraylum.com
Email: Ray@illusionistraylum.com
Las Vegas, NV
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Hopefully this means that it's coming out soon, looking forward to finally getting a QB!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just an EXCITING update if some of you haven't see the postings at "Latest & Greatest" that the new Quantum Bender 3.0 is about to be released next month - only 100 units available.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=180

This new unit has many new improvements in the materials used, capable of bending and twisting keys like a corkscrew, + a larger coin slot capable of bending a far large variety of coins from all over the world (see photo taken by John Sheets of UK coins bent).

I am using this new QB 3.0 and it is easily the best bender in the world... and I stand by that!!

John is taking pre-orders now at : john@johntsheets.com

Hi Guys,

I think it's time for me to jump in here. I know it's been an unusually long wait for this release, and I apologize for that. This project may have moved along slowly, however, I'm a man of my word, and I promise that I WILL deliver, and it WILL be VERY well worth the wait. Like any good quality project, it takes some time, especially when you run into unforeseen bumps in the road with a few setbacks. Please know, that I've always been completely open and honest here. As you can see in the post that I quoted above, that I didn't know when it would be released. As I said above, I didn't have a release date and I didn't want to disappoint people with false dates, so I haven't announced one. I've also explained that the delays were out of my control, which they truly were, but I'm still willing to take the blame for being slow. I've also explained that I had some unforeseen life changing events that threw me some curve balls, and I've even offered to talk about my problems and personal life with anyone who wishes to drop me a PM. Also, again, I have NOT taken any pre-orders or anyone's money (besides reserving a few for close friends). I've also expressed that you don't have to wait any longer if you don't want to (and with no hard feelings), as I understand how it can sometimes be difficult to wait for something exciting. So I don't see any wrong doing for disappointment, other than being slow. Believe me, I wish this thing was finished just as much as you do!

So here's an update. The QB3 DVD is finally done, and I just received the printed DVDs from the replicator on Friday. The DVD turned out REALLY nice, and I think your really going to like it a lot! The editor did an AMAZING job! There's a TON of material packed onto it, and I didn't leave anything out. It runs 82 minutes long, and there's lots of new stuff included, and some new misdirection and psychological stuff too. The SUPER cool, super VISUAL key twisting that everyone's been asking me about is explained as well. and more....

The only delay now is the packaging which was changed at the last minute, so that's in the works now. The printer said that it should be about 4 weeks after approval of the new artwork, and that should happen tomorrow. That's it, that's the last thing needed to be finished on the QB3, then they're ready for you!

Here's the trailer for the QB3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

Here's a short trailer for the Energy Bender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mynZNZMTK4
Because of the delay, the Energy Bender will be released seperately, following the QB3.

Both items will include a lifetime warranty on all metal parts as well, and yes, I'll ship worldwide.

I'D LIKE TO THANK THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE LEFT POSITIVE COMMENTS, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!

Also know that, I appreciate each and every one of you, and I consider many of you dear friends.

One last thing, I didn't think that I'd be the one saying this, but..... We are a global community and a society of magicians that are a brotherhood, we are suppose to be "magicians helping magicians", and we all share that common interest of bringing joy and magical wonderment to others, through performing and doing what we love to do. So PLEASE, be kind to one another!!

Thanks for your support, understanding, and most of all your patience!

Much love to you all,

Magically,
John

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Headed off of work to check my mail, tracking says it is at my place, YES!!!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Good news!! All filming has been completed for the Energy Bender! Editing is up next Smile

How's everyone liking their QB3?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Anyone get a quantum bender for christmas? Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Here's a link to a separate thread on the QB3 where you'll find many great comments and reviews on it....
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=570
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Bender 2.0 (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL