The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Jacket vs. Vest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
I've never worked with doves or any these jackets before. How far from the rim of the vest do the pockets end? And how long are they in total? Are the doves kept right at the rim or far down, i.e., further to the side of the body? Are the pockets horizontally or diagonally fitted?

Thanks for any tips!

Christof
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5080 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Christof, a vest is an alternative for sewing pockets into your jacket. The openings of them are right on the edge of vest and the vest sits under the jacket. There is no difference in the positioning of the vest pockets than if they were sewn into the jacket.

One advantage to using a vest is that your doves can be loaded in advance and the vest put on just before you go on stage.
Where the magic begins
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
One thing I like about the vest is it will not interfere with the jacket's topit.
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
I have a vest of my own design that I have worked with for years. I have had the Abbott's vest but this is leauges better.

My idea is to put this vest out on the market in the future, most likely together with a DVD. It has some smart new solutions and it makes the steals look so smooth when you pull "it" out.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Given a choice, I always work with a vest. It is not a commercial dove vest. Instead it matches the tux, suit or costume. However, the load pockets are between the vest and me. They can also be from the top and bottom.

Cups and Ball workers use my egg dropper this way too from the bottom.

For livestock it doesn't work, but for harder objects, you do not have to reach under. You can "milk" the load down into your hand from outside the vest.

Vests are great helpers!

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
AustinJames
View Profile
New user
Cocoa Beach Fl,
10 Posts

Profile of AustinJames
Tony Clark's DVD show you how to position dove pockets ether in your jacket, or on the out side of a regular vest. In which case the vest is visible, but the pockets are positioned under the jacket, and are not visible. On the Abbott's vest, I have had the chance to inspect one that belonged to a friend of mine, but I never used it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Jacket vs. Vest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL