We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review - New Product by Mozique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
My name is Dr John and I perform as part of a trio called TRIXX my performance partner MOZIQUE who created the effects called Decisions and Spirit has sent out a product called the Cobra Sharpie to myself and several other full time pros to check out. I am very excited by this product as I was one of the first to try this out.

So here is My review, others will no doubt post theres in a few days.

The Cobra Sharpie

Basically its a magnet detector built into a pen.

I am currently using this with the excellent SCORPION effect by OUTLAW EFFECTS
I use the pen to get the spectators to write the numbers 1 to 4 on the cups and then casually take back the sharpie. The spectator then covers the makibishi with the cup and I casually point to the cups in term explaining that this is the path of the ninja.

The pen can pick up a magnet from 2 - 3 inches and vibrates subtly letting you know instantly which is the correct cup.

I am sure there are lots of other uses for the pen including using it for the classic coin in hand by using your PK ring and a spectators borrowed ring either hidden in matchboxs or held in the spectators hands.

Comments: the pen is well made and moz is offering a years gaurantee and also a cheap
battery replacement service. I have been using mine for 3 months and the battery shows no sign of wearing out.

He is making the pens to order at a cost of £125 not inc postage

Total score 8 - 10

Final Comments: This pen is not for everybody and will only work for you if you have a PKring or an effect such as THE SPIKE or SCORPION I am sure though that with a bit of thought you can use it for lots of applications. A booklet is going to be produced once myself and other testers have submitted to moz our ideas
May your darkness come quickly
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1480 Posts

Profile of Piers
Could the pen be any pen type?

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I think so but the electronics are very tightly packed into the pen so I guess moz would need to experiment. I'll pm him and see what he says.

Just playing around with the pen I realised you can strap it to your wrist via a sweat band and it works exactly like the Childs Play II unit. Though so far no one including magicians have ever called me on using the pen as an impromptu pointer.

Dr John
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3367 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Now that's a cool idea. Makes me wonder why nobody else has thought of it until now.

What approx. would the cost be in U.S. dollars?
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
That works out at $246 at current exchange rate not inc shipping costs
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1480 Posts

Profile of Piers
Is anyone out there using one lf these yet?
Piers.
Smile

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Hi Piers

Myself and half a dozen other beta testers have had the pens for a few months now and we have been boincing ideas off each other for the last few weeks. I know sales of this are starting to pick up so there are pens being made to go out over the next few weeks. I have been told by users that some reviews are going to be posted up over the next few days so watch this space ....

Each pen is being made to order, so as this is a limited edition item reviews will take time to trickle out.
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
Sounds pretty good
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Just out of interest I had a chat with UK Magician Martin Duffy and he has now had a chance to try it out with The SPIKE effect. He reckons it picked up the spike easily from a distance of 3 inches!! so this boads well for Outlaw effects The RELIC as that has an N40 magnet which is extremely strong and should give a throw of between 5 - 6 inches!! Cant wait to get mine from Roth and as soon as I do I will give a review of it and also how well it works with the Cobra.
Martin Duffy
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Martin Duffy
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 04:51, Piers wrote:
Is anyone out there using one lf these yet?
Piers.

Hi Piers
I got one...it is brilliant!!
This is SO well made (not that you can see anything apart from the Sharpie!)
I love the idea of having it always ready - no need to worry about a spectator grabbing your arm and feeling a sensor like in other versions (This hasn't happened to me but has to another magician I know!)
It works from between 2 and 3 inches on a Spike and 2 inches on my Gauci Medallion from his Eye to Eye - great for a spectator hiding it in one of three matchboxes and you pinpointing it.
What could be more natural than holding the pen you are going to write your prediction with...?

I understand these are a very limited edition and would recommend getting one quickly

Please feel free to PM me with nay specific questions

Regards

Martin
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1132 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Is the pen self contained? Can you do it without sleeves? Thanks.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Yes you can! the entire electronics is completely self contained inside the pen and its also a fully functional sharpie as well. The pen very discreetly vibrates when near a magnetic field so you don't have to worry about extra hookups and wires just pop the pen away after you have done the dirty work and you are completely clean.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Hi all

I have just pre-ordered the following:-

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/outlaw/art......mp;pg=95

Can't wait to try this out with the pen as the Doubloon has an N50 Magnet, I looked them up and they are unbelievable strong, the pickup radius on this should be 4 - 6 inches away when used with a COBRA!!

I will post up a review when mine arrives.
showrabbit
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of showrabbit
Fantastic. The only word to describe this new effect from Mozique. Close examination of the pen reveals nothing! It looks, feels and even works like a real sharpie; a spectator would never suspect it was anything else. I have only had mine for a few days and have already produced some satisfying reactions. Even with a medium strength Neo magnet I can detect from around 3". It's vibration is subtle but unambiguous and virtually inaudible. I feel it has many uses, limited only by one's imagination. well done Moz.

Rating 8 - 10
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I've been told that Greg Wilson immediately snapped up one of these when he saw it demoed after his newcastle lecture in the UK. He is intending on using it for some TV work and is intending on letting Moz have access to his ideas and routine ideas to put into the upcoming Cobra Instruction booklet. Ideas are coming in steadily from various Beta testers and now the buyers and the booklet will be available to all purchasers as a .pdf file.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I'm a bit surprised that Moz is selling these. He made me one a long time ago and I know the amount of time it takes to make each unit by hand.

The pen works a dream and if you get the chance to buy one I would jump at it but be prepared to wait your turn:-)

Regards

Peter
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
452 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
If the pen can be any type that would be very good for me.
If so, I'll take one.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
The electronics are very tightly packed into the sharpie but I'm sure this is not a problem to use other pens it may just take a little bit of experimentation. I was forwarded a suggestion from Paul Daniels (yes THE Paul Daniels) that it may be worth offering a luxury version in a Mont Blanc pen. I am currently talking with Moz about this idea but so far most magicians are happy with a sharpie as its a logical and non suspicious device.

Greg Wilson is definately going to be using this on an upcoming TV Special and will be letting Moz have his routines for the upcoming Cobra Sharpie Manual which will be sent out to all of the users.

if anyone wants Moz's contact details then please PM me and I will forward them.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Greg explained a couple of his routines for the pen when he visited the shop. They sound great!

Peter
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1480 Posts

Profile of Piers
Received mine today, and it looks like ...
... a Sharpie.

Just a pen? Or a pen packed with so much gizmo-tronomy that makes it a device that 007 would be proud of.

Fantastic !

Piers.
Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review - New Product by Mozique (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL