The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review - New Product by Mozique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1517 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
MOZIQUE sounds like a good product. An alternative would be Child's Play I @ $65.00 or Child's PlayII @ $225.00. The CPI is a small lipstick sized device for under your coat and CPII is a real working watch. Both vibrate when near a magnet. The CPII will detect the scorpion at 5-6 inches away.

Ron
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Whichever of these electronic devices fit your performance style (CP 2 is what I use)
They will all detect The Relic from at least 4-6 inches away.

As stated above the Relic contains a 1 1/4 x 1/8 inch N-50 disc. Extremely powerful.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Still love my CP11 as well,
the new Cobra is an additional weapon now!

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
The Cobra Sharpie detects the Scorpion at a range of 5-6 inches as well as the CPII but has the added advantage of being brought in and out of play with no suspicion from a spectator. When handled well the spectator won't even remember that the pen was in play plus you have no hookups and can perform in a sleeveless top with no watches, rings or any apparant detection devices. The pen also has advantages in other routines which really on the fact that a pen is in play which opens up a lot of ideas for alternate uses and routines.
May your darkness come quickly
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I am currently compiling for Moz all of the feedback and routines from all the Beta testers and current users of the pen. Because the pen is a Limited Edition item we have a complete database of all the users and we will be liasing directly with them for feedback and ideas. The advantage to this is that we can personally respond to any problems and feedback users may have. The Cobra Sharpie Manual is currently being written which will feature several routines using the Device and will eventually feature routines from Greg Wilson, Martin Duffy, Kennedy, Peter Nardi, Moziqie and hopefully ideas from all the other users. So far the response to the pen has been fantastic, but I need more ideas!! The Cobra Manual will be a .pdf file that will be sent to each registered purchaser and they will also be entitled to any updates to the manusl as more ideas are submitted.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I just wanted to clear up something regarding The cobra Sharpie and in fact any electronic pickup device. The simple rule of thumb is this:-

The Larger/Stronger the magnet the better the pickup!

The reason I mention this is because I have had people pm me regarding using such items such as a Charles Gauci Ball or medalion from his eye to eye specifically for the effect of 'coin in hand'. Any electronic detector will pick up such items easily when placed into a matchbox or two ring boxs using your own PK ring and a borrowed Spectators ring for example, but trying to detect thru a spectators hand is tricky and will not always pickup. To pickup through a spectators hand you need a good sized neodymium magnet and in the manual many suggestions are made for usable items including how to properly bake a neodymium magnet into a ball of black fimo without the heat reducing the power of the magnet. The new G2 ring works but again its not always sure fire because of the strength of the magnet. As mentioned previously I have ordered the RELIC and I know because of its strength it should EASILY go thru the back of a spectators hand making this a dream to work with the COBRA.

The Cobra can also be easily slipped under your watch band or a sweatband so you can use it in exactly the same ways as the CPI and CPII units if you so wish.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1517 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
For general information; CPI and CPII will pick up a strong magnet through a closed fist (fist side up) and in fact was designed to do so. It will not pick up the magnet through the top of the hand. I have also tested it and the above holds true with the magnetic ball of Charles Gauci but I can't say for sure on his other items. As stated earlier the CP products work very well with the Scorpion and I am sure the Relic when it is released. I am sure the sharpie works well as stated above.

Ron
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Hi Ron

The Basic problem is that some magicians are trying to pick up the object directly through the back of the spectators hand with a small magnet and that is where the problem lies. If done fist side up then all electronic devices pick up with no problem.

Me thinks the RELIC is going to be a MONSTER with this.

I have tried the large wrist strapped magnet I use for various PK effects and the throw was 6 - 7 inches!

Has anyone found any other logical items that can be fitted with magnets?
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1517 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Yes That is a question I get asked a lot if the Listerine packet will be picked through the back of the hand. That will not work. I am anxious to try the Relic as well.

Ron
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
The shells created for the Relic are thinner than a U.S. dime.

I've taken the Relic magnet and placed a Kennedy half dollar on top of the disc, put it in my closed fist, and I can pick up the magnet through THE TOP of my fist, with a slightly loose PK ring (from 2-3 inches above the fist).

I then placed TWO Kennedy half dollars on top of the mag and I could still detect it through the TOP of my fist.

Remember the pure (highly conductive)silver shells of the doubloon are 1/10th the thickness of a single half dollar.

Bottom line the electronic devices will detect The Relic from 5-6 inches easily, the PK rings from 2-4 inches above a closed fist.

The Relic magnetic is a huge N-50 disc 1 1/4 inch diameter x 1/8 inch thick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1517 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Roth:

I can't wait. This is going to be cool.

Ron
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Just a quick heads up on the Cobra Sharpie Manual. The Manual is due to be finished by the 20th of May and so far the quality of the ideas are superb. Many utilise the pen in ways we couldn't imagine so it pays to knock heads with other magicians as this is IMO the best way to generate creativity. Thanks to all those who have submitted but any further routines are always welcome as the Manual will be regularly updated.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Some great ideas are coming in including using the pen as an instant stooge maker!
Genius!!
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
I for one, cannot wait to absorb what has to be a great read...

Piers.
Smile

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Not long now! the manual will be ready in a week or so with the intention of being updated as more ideas and routines come in. Eventually it may end up as a printed manual but as more pens are sold people seem to keep coming up with new handling tips and ideas so printing it at this stage seems to be a waste of time. Also it gives me flexibility to send it instantly to all of the current users without expensive postage costs.

Keep the ideas rolling guys!
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Enclosed Cobra Manual Cover for those that are intriqued!

Click here to view attached image.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Must be any day now when the book comes out?

Piers.
Smile

drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Should be ready in a few days just getting the final proof reading done its not huge (about 13 pages) but its got some cracking ideas and should get some creative juices flowing.

I'll let everyone know when we are happy to upload this to a server for a convenient download.

Cheers
Dr john
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Final proof reading has been done should be ready to download in a couple of days.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
The Manual is now ready to rock!! I wont be sending it as an email attachment as its too big for most servers so I will be sending a link to a customer download site for all users convenience. The download area currently has only the manual but will eventally have full demo videos of various effects and lots of other goodies!! Enjoy!! If I have missed anyone who purchased a pen of the list then please PM to receive your link.

Cheers Dr John

The Manual is going to be constantly updated and all purchasers will be notified of any updates.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review - New Product by Mozique (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL