The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Rude joke from spectators... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Was doing a ring and rope routine and asked if anyone had a 3 and a half inch chromium plated metal ring in their back pocket, whilst removing mine and a lady said, "That isn't 3 and a half inches --I should know, I'm a midwife."

To which I quickly replied, "Yeah, but how good's your memory, you've been on holiday for a week and a half." risque...rude...

It was funny with the right crowd.

Any thoughts?
Vernon
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Sure, it's funny given the right crowd; and you obviously had the right crowd.
I can't imagine anyone taking offense at that line (although, no doubt, someone will!).

But it's a perfect example of your thinking on your feet and making the most of an opportunity handed you by a member of the audience. Personally, I think it's a very funny sequence!
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Thanks for your thoughts Peter, each situation has a different feel to it and the more you perform the better it or you get at sizing up situations...although mistakes do happen.

Thanks for your input, and also some time back on the bandana...effect.
Vernon
mforteath
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
62 Posts

Profile of mforteath
I think Peter is right, Vernon. I think it was the right line for the right situation. It would be good if we were always that quick with a clever response. Good work! Mark.
Keith Larocque
View Profile
New user
Ontario
47 Posts

Profile of Keith Larocque
Nice way to turn that around. Sounds like someone is pretty witty, good work dude.
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Well, there is one thing that comes to mind. My dad told me that women are bad judges of measurement because their men always tell them 3 inches is a foot. Smile
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
ludmer
View Profile
New user
Brazil
59 Posts

Profile of ludmer
Very good way to deal with that...congratulations vernon!
I trust jewish magicians and bagels
Sanj Singh
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Sanj Singh
3 1/2 inches, whatever that is to you...
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2580 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I used to use the bounce no bounce balls as a sexiness detector... I would bounce a ball and say that the higher it bounces the sexier you are... and when I bounce it it bounces up as high as high as my head... at which point someone in the audience shouted out... "Does that make you a dickhead?"

It got a good laugh and for certain venues it gave me an additional line.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Rude joke from spectators... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL