The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dream Prediction by Paul Romhany (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizzzzard
View Profile
New user
Poland
73 Posts

Profile of wizzzzard
HI...

I have a question about Dream Prediction by Paul Romhany.
here is a link http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/product......tem=8363
Did anybody of you see this effect ??
Is it worth this price??
Please give me some review of this.
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
For an effect as powerful as that, it may very well seem to be worth the money!
wizzzzard
View Profile
New user
Poland
73 Posts

Profile of wizzzzard
I know that the effect is powerful...
It is somebody who have this ??
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I have a post looking for more info on this too...I have always loved the Dream Vacation premise but the alternate version of Dick Zimmermans Master Prediction Chest by Malloy or Wellington are near $3000.00 way out of my financial ability, Im sure they work great but won't happen for me...so when I saw this by Romhany and one man effect...no offstage assistant needed....Im excited and could possibly come up with the money...but would like to get a honest review by someone that actually has it and or a demo video would be great
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
The Hocus Pocus description says the effect won't be ready until the end of April, so I doubt anyone not sworn to secrecy has seen it yet.

Curt
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
I was waiting to see when this would get talked about. Yes this does sound v interesting and not to expensive but expensive enough to wonder what the props & workings could be Smile

Especially if you have seen the vid demo ' Dream Vacation ' for $3000. The effect seems very similar and am dying to read an honest review from someone - but I guess we will have to wait until the end of April Smile
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Looks great - except the prediction is wrong in the ad!!!
I just noticed on the picture at the website that on the prediction, New Zeland is misspelled and the money is off by one cent.. (Because sarcasm never reads on these forums - I'm sure that the wrong answers are part of the routine - like getting the answer wrong in subtle ways - but are close enough..
Anywhoo, should be interesting
MagicDog
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
174 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I have bought some of his other effects, some I have been happy with, others I did not feel right taking someones money for when I resold them.

Most of his effects has to do with him putting the ideas of others together and coming up with what works for him. So that is what you end up paying for the thought and effort he put into it.

If you wait long enough though HP will unload it at a lower price later, just like they did with some of his other items.

John
Make Everyday Magical
natmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
301 Posts

Profile of natmagic
Here is a message that was posted by somebody who has seen the Dream Prediction on the MagicCafe. I note that HP have only had three or four of his items in their specials. I asked them and because all of his material is exclusive through Hocus-Pocus they don't generally put his items on their special list. This is one routine I will be getting.

Hi all
I managed to get a 'sneak' preview of Dream Prediction the other day. Paul Romhany was here in Vancouver between cruise ships and a friend and I went and had coffee with him. We asked him about Dream Prediction and he took us through the entire routine! My first reaction was that it was something I could use in my own show! It is a very practical and 100% commercial one person prediction type routine. It is very open to other ideas and routines. As Paul told us, he sometimes performs a 'dream' date type routine with a lady from the audience, a little like Copperfields Dream Date routine.

Basically you have a large envelope with a clear window so the audience can see the prediction inside the entire time. You bring out a small whiteboard and have three people call out different things that are tied in with your routine. In Paul's case he developed this because of working on cruise ships so asks for a name of a ship, a destination and finally the cost. The envelope is opened and out falls a LARGE piece of paper with the prediction matching what the audience called out. Think of it as a giant confabulation type routine. There is NO forcing of any kind and it packs small and plays BIG. As soon as Paul showed us I saw the huge potential for it in my own shows! The final prediction reads like a 'letter' which matches the choices called out.

It was obvious to us that Paul has performed this so many times he has ironed out all the bugs. One of the many things I liked about it was that it is practical, no need for offstage assistants and is soooo easy to perform!! There are no moves as he has really thought about how to keep it simple so you just concentrate on performance.

Paul told us he had just finished filming the instructional DVD and he said it lasts over an hour of him going in to detail on the entire routine. It also comes with two gimmicked envelopes which should last a while, again he explains on the DVD how to put your own together so there is no need to have to re-buy them from him. He told us he can get six months out of his own envelopes.

Being a full time professional magician I knew I wanted to add this to my own show and could see the huge potential for developing my own routine for the corporate market. For anybody wanting a solid, commercial and stress free FUN routine then this is A MUST. I highly recommend it and it's going in to my show!
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
It sounds too good to be true. So when can we get our hands on this Dream Prediction?
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2007-04-12 12:58, Magicmike40 wrote:
It sounds too good to be true. So when can we get our hands on this Dream Prediction?

From a couple of posts before yours:

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 9:32am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Hocus Pocus description says the effect won't be ready until the end of April...

Curt
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
Does anyone own the Dream Prediction by Paul Romhany? Is it good, great or %@*&?
Right now, I do a post card from the road with a little help from my friends.
Magic Mike
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I just got mine. While this is obviously just a first impression review, it looks like a very workable and practical routine. Nothing new in the way of method and I was disappointed with the size of the whiteboard included (basically the size of a normal sheet of paper) but it basically delivers as advertised. The dvd is comprehensive and goes over everything you need. The routine is basically a stage sized version of confabulation but Romhany attempted to eliminate what some consider a weakness of confabulation. I personally didn't like his solution and think it is actually a step back, but that is just my opinion and Paul presents several handlings so you can choose which you prefer.
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
Thanks for the reply, but sound like you are not very happy. Maybe once you work the bugs out you will enjoy performing it.Smile
Magic Mike
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I wouldn't say I'm not happy. It delivers as advertised. My only real complaint is that the supplied white board is too small and low quality. It's a practical routine and I will use it. I just don't think the method justifies the $350 cost. (and before anyone attacks me, believe me, I have no problem paying for expensive routines and I know it will pay for itself in the first show. I just think this could have been sold as a manuscript.) But if you like the ad for this routine, buy it. It does what it says it does.
chrisweeks
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
80 Posts

Profile of chrisweeks
Anyone interested in selling this product or one similar please PM me

Chris
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Heres a Link to Paul on the ships performing it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjAl6ohPBUw

I really like this routine for a few years Ive used a smaller version with great results
so this version pack small etc for stage is a good investment for workers..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dream Prediction by Paul Romhany (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL