The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Magicians on Cable TV this Sunday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
I'm posting this message here for those who didn't read it in the Fellowship of Christian Magicians forum.

Basically, the producer of a show called The American Bible Society Presents approached me months ago wanting to do a feature on "Christian Magicians". We arranged for him to meet us at The Magic Castle and for 2 hours he filmed our performances and interviewed a few.

The show's producer just called me to say the air date was moved forward and it's going to air THIS weekend.

You will need to check your cable listings to find the show. The program is called The American Bible Society Presents (ABS Presents). The episode is about the Fellowship of Christian Magicians and was taped at The Magic Castle.

Go to the ABS Presents website here and find the channel in your area that it will air on. Then check with your cable provider to see if they carry that channel and at what time it airs in your area.
http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/stations

After the show airs on TV, you can view the show directly on their website at http://www.abspresents.com

For Him,

Joe
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Good luck with the program! I wish I could watch.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
I wish I could see it... I'll have to wait till it's on thier website, ohh well. I hope you guy's get a good response!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Thank you Regan and Ethan. I put a link about it on the Fellowship of Christian Magicians Forum. You can preview the show, episode 26. After the show airs, you can watch it in its entirety from the web site.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Looks like it's not being moved up a week after all. The website shows the air date of April 8th. And so we wait another week.....
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Did this air and is there a link to watch it?

Thanks.

RevJohn
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I found the program online at the site linked to earlier. Look for episode 26.

Good job!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Very nice performances.

Good job to all of you!
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Thank you all. They filmed 2 hours straight of gospel magic and edited it down to 5 min 50 seconds. Isn't that just like TV... But I think the producer did a really great job with the show and the Fellowship of Christian Magicians got some great publicity out of it.

Here's where you can find the link: http://www.abspresents.com/abspresents/episodes
Just click on Episode 26.

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
This was great, and I enjoyed seeing the episode. Reminded me that the Smother Brother's of Christian Magic were mentioned in one of the recent magic magazines.

Any more information on them? I could go back and find out their names.

RevJohn
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
You are probably thinking of Oz and Wilde, Gene Ozwald and Kif Anderson.... here's their website: http://www.ozandwilde.com

They performed at last year's FCM conference and I think they were invited back to perform at this year's conference too.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
That's them. Thanks for the link and information!
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I thought it was a well done piece too, and great followup on it in Magic Magazine...a win win for Gospel magic.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Excellent program. Wish I would have caught it when it was on.
Daniel Faith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Magicians on Cable TV this Sunday (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL