The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Open Call for Unusual Performers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
There is an open call today, Thursday-March 29 and tomorrow Friday- March 30 from 12 to 4 for a Howard Stern pay-per-view event to be taped outdoors in NJ on April 5th.

The call is for unusual variety performers. Just about anything sideshow related and off beat is acceptable. They are also looking for stilt walkers and cross dressers.

The pay ranges from $250 to $500 depending upon how much you are used in this production.

That address is:

New York City Casting
212 Bowery (btw Prince & Spring. F train is closest)
New York, NY.

Good luck,
Todd Robbins
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
D@mn my location!

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Same here (more a combination of that and work though), would love to make it out to this but not in the cards right now. But still, thanks for the heads up Todd.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Guess it really isn't important then. I say pack your knapsack and grab your walking stick and head to New York! You are young, you're wild, and you're free, find the inner weirdo in you and GO JOIN HOWARD! I can't because I've no skill or talent that would interest him.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
You tell 'em Santa.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 22:18, MagicSanta wrote:
Guess it really isn't important then. I say pack your knapsack and grab your walking stick and head to New York! You are young, you're wild, and you're free, find the inner weirdo in you and GO JOIN HOWARD! I can't because I've no skill or talent that would interest him.

I can't because I don't have breasts or a vagina..... this is what his interns told me 6 years ago when I had a call to be on the original radio show.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Quote:

Trust me the urge is there, problem is.....so is my mortgage (ugg, what a dirty word), so this time it's a no go. And don't feel bad nips. I have not tits or vagina either, that would be whole different act in itself.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
We don't have '****' on the Café - we have 'breasts'.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Apologies for that
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Hey - I wasn't offended - but others might be. Best be cautious.

Destiny
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Yeah, watch your language, ya' tit!
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Duly noted, I'm such a boob
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No one has to go, but if I was a young man and had the time to take a couple days to do it I would. Guess times have changed. The boobs and vagina excuse doesn't wash with me. That is like saying you went to the sporting good store and they had a sale on football equipment rather than baseball equipment and because of that you are not going to the fishing equipment sale out of spite. The rule of the new century "when opportunity knocks, whine about it"
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Agreed MagicSanta - if they didn't want blokes this time round surely they would specify that rather than have lots of cross dressing stiltwalking side show dudes show up they'd have to waste time chasing away from the cross dressing stiltwalking side show dudettes.

I'd be there but it's a long way to go from Australia for $500 and I can't stilt walk.

Destiny
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Well just got out of Hospital having had the gender change,,,but still no sign of the B***** plane ticket they promised me......you could say I am somewhat gutted!!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I'd say you're perfectly cut out for the job!

Destiny
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Ouch.
G.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 08:27, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Quote:

I can't because I don't have breasts or a vagina..... this is what his interns told me 6 years ago when I had a call to be on the original radio show.

Either do I and I was on the radio show as well as the TV show. Nip, you cannot go through their interns because they are just tools and have no connection to getting you on the show. You have to get to the producer which is Gary, he makes the calls. Now that they have moved to satellite you might have a better chance. I have also been on O&A and they love the freaks. PM me for the contact if you would like to contact them.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I'd go, but again...I'm poor, I don't think Howard could get me much money, seeing that I don't have a vagina...or "breasts".

Nips...when you do your act..."You make Dolly Parton look Flat", I would say that, at times you have boobs.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Okay, time to start the weirdo railroad.... a series of homes open to Brett to get him from NC to NYC (hey, it is only one letter off) w/out costing him a lot of bread. If Nevada was part of the route I'd put him on the couch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Open Call for Unusual Performers (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL