The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » LuLu Hurst Society revival (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hi all,

The LuLu Hurst Society is being revived as part of Escape Masters. We are taking it beyond LuLu and magic adding articles on freaks new and old. There is a year of articles already in "the can", including one on Schlitze.

Just wanted to let you guys know in case any of you are interested.

Take care,
Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Sorry the official name is The LuLu Hurst Socitey - Thomas Blacke Chapter, still part of Escape Masters.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
This is good. The Lulu Society was responsible for some very solid publications. And if Thomas is in charge, well, maybe we should all run somewhere!

Ask him what he's doing with maraschino cherries. I think he'll go blank, and then start giggling. It'll be a good evening of entertainment!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Is the LuluHurst company/site that sells Books by Download?

Or am I confused.

Plus wasnt lulu a 'mentalist', do "feats of strength" and such. I have two books on her stunts.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
LuLu Hurst Society was a “club,” of limited membership. Jorgenson Ink (Tom Jorgenson founder of LHS) was a publishing company. There are no downloads that I am aware of.

At the time LuLu was considered a freak anomaly due to her supposed back story. However the Society consisted of everything from Freaks, to magic to poetry, whatever Tom Jorgenson felt like writing about at the time.

Since I am going to be one of the writers I will be focusing on freaks of the past, future, magic and whatever I feel like. There will also be contributions from Thomas Blacke and from time to time Tom Jorgenson.

Thanks for asking.
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds really pretty interesting.
I wouldnt mind readin' it when your done, if possible.

And the site I was thinking of is lulu.com; thus the confusion. They sell many books/publishings by download.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hi Aggie, you will be able to read about it by joining Escape Masters, looking at your Avatar, you could benifit from the membership so you get escapes and sideshow.

Take Care,

Shawn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » LuLu Hurst Society revival (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL