The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I miss Al.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
;^)

Don't post. Maybe he will come back in a somewhat edited version!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I'm afraid the edited version wouldn't be at all interesting. They always seem to pull the thread just when it was getting interesting. Any Idea who was last to post and what they said that finally was too extreme?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I posted shortly before the thread was swept away. I mentioned an issue (re: evolution) of moving from cell division to copulation as the reproductive method.
Took a couple of sentences to explain what I meant and said it was an interesting question.

I would guess that the decision to pull the thread was already made by the time I posted, though.

The Mike Doogan thread is getting interesting. Have you seen it? Just a couple of threads away from this one.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have no idea what you two are talking about.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
It's ok. I'm trying to get Payne over to the Mike Doogan thread.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have already confessed to being the real Mike Doogan, and I do know everybody.
Al Angello
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I know you have confessed - but I don't believe you!!!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I hope you all will take the time to see my comments on the new XBOX 360 thread , and see what that move means for the Wii.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I hope they save the zapped threads somewhere. Some of my favorite discussions got the ax.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
So you don't believe me hu. I guess you also don't think I'm the father of Anna Nichole's baby either.

Josh
There is no archive of zapped threads.
Al Angello
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Actually you being the father of Anna Nichole's baby is the one thing I could believe! LOL. Who is Al? And why can't I remember him?
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 20:27, Payne wrote:
I'm afraid the edited version wouldn't be at all interesting. They always seem to pull the thread just when it was getting interesting. Any Idea who was last to post and what they said that finally was too extreme?

IMHO the discussion was getting side tracked into matters of faith.

The base question, about where to draw a line between what we choose to believe and what we can measure vs what we would like to believe and what we choose not to measure is an invitation to madness for some folks.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'm a little slow, but you guys are looking for Al Gore. Isn't he a political figure? Politics, and religion have no place in magic, I don't even like "the good news" it's too spooky for me.
Al Angello
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Al, religion depends upon a perception of magic in the world. And politics shape how we discuss and interact with the world in groups.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
I was surprised it didn't get yanked sooner.
POOF!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:

IMHO the discussion was getting side tracked into matters of faith.

This may win the Café award for The Understatement of 2007!

:^)
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I was reading Paynes last post and when I clicked on 'back' the thread had disappeared - so Payne had the last word - but I can assure you it was a very reasonable post and I assume the decision to delete was based on earlier posts.

Like Kregg I'm surprised we got as far as we did.

For those who are desperate to know the content of Paynes last post it follows verbatim

Quote:

Dear dear Carrie, I am sorry I've taken so long to reply to your very reasoned and articulate post but I was filing down my horns - and it is so hot down here today - well it is every day really.

I was going to post a rebuttal to your last post but then I was struck by a light and realised you were totally correct.

Oh Carrie - I have been so blind.

No time to lose I'm afraid. I'm off to buy some shares in Halliburton - on the way I'll be registering as a Republican and then after I'm off to bible study

Blessings

Brother Payne.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
LOLOLOLOL nice PD
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
That's what I get for going to get some shelves for the shop. I posted yesterday morning, left for too many hours while the Wife got new glasses and check in today and poof. I would have liked to see responses. I want my money back.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Doug

Unfortunately when you took your leave from the thread both the wit and the gravitas went with you.

The thread was not yanked - it threw itself into the rising seas rather than go on without you.

We could have solved the problems of the world here but your selfish wish to get new shelves and spend time with your wife denied us that.

Al Gore will be hearing about you!

Destiny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I miss Al.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL